orthonormal

2013 Altitude MSL chain issue

I now have six good rides on my 790 MSL and overall love the bike. It's everything I was hoping for in terms of handling, suspension performance, and handling. I hate the Fizik Tundra saddle and wish it were all black so it at least had some resale value but oh well. I have a WTB Rocket V SLT on the way.

I have one issue I need help solving. While up shifting the front ring under load, the chain drops a bit and wedges in between the ISCG tabs on the frame and the small ring. It's not anything specific to the frame in terms of behavior but the tight space between the tabs and chainring is.

I don't feel like I really need a chain guide for the usual reason. The type 2 rear derailleur is enough for me on the descents but I need some way of stopping the chain from getting wedged in there. I think even a small bolt in the ISCG tab would do the trick. Anyone else have/already solve this problem?
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

mtbr member
    First thing to do would be to set your front derailleur up it should stop it from slipping down into that spot.
    Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by jrastories View Post
    First thing to do would be to set your front derailleur up it should stop it from slipping down into that spot.
    Shifting is good in every other way. No problems going from the 36t ring to the 24t ring, no problem dropping the chain when I shift the rear derailleur. No trouble with the chain rubbing against the FD plates. I've been at this for 20+ years, doing most of my own wrenching and have never had trouble before with the chain dropping to the inside while shifting the front from a smaller to a larger chainring.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be