Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Collector Rocky Mountain
    As installed at the beginning did not make me go crazy for the wheels and brakes, but as you set it in the last images I really like.
    Congratulations on the pairings.
    Only thing I would put a black seat clamp and not the green that you do not sing (in my opinion)
    Una Rocky e' per sempre,preferibilmente se fatta a mano.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaman.light View Post
    Only thing I would put a black seat clamp and not the green that you do not sing (in my opinion)
    Completely agree. Black was out of stock and I needed a stronger than stock clamp for a DH trail last weekend.

The bike performed awesome on the DH trails by the way.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    very nice bike. the only thing I find wrong with it is the J3 brakes... unacceptable for that bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko G View Post
    very nice bike. the only thing I find wrong with it is the J3 brakes... unacceptable for that bike.
    The juicy 3s have been replaced with Elixir Rs as pictured 5 posts up.
    I hope thats "acceptable". Haha

Here's a vid of the Slayer on a pretty chunky DH trail.

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Very nice. You said you usually ride 19 inch and went with 18 inch here - so, now that you've had it out a bit, are you happy with the 18 inch frame? I ride a 19 inch Altitude. Great bike and I'm happy with the sizing and performance of the 19 inch - It's a blast to ride on fast and open single track, but wish I had a little smaller bike for some of the tight and technical trails I occasionally ride. If I were to spring for another bike - a Slayer - I would probably go for the 18 inch as you did.

mtbr member
    I went with the 18 because it was the only size avaliabile at a great price.
    My first impressions out of the box was that it would be too small but after riding it on the technical stuff I wouldnt change it a bit.
    As you said, for mostly XC type riding it is more comfortable on a longer frame but for maneuverability smaller is the way to go.
    I guess that's why a bmx bikes are so small and a large DH frame is only a 17.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by imsorrywhat View Post
    The juicy 3s have been replaced with Elixir Rs as pictured 5 posts up.
    I hope thats "acceptable". Haha

Here's a vid of the Slayer on a pretty chunky DH trail.

Enjoy!
    Better, i approve of this bike

I ride stuff like that typically, and im riding the altitude 70. God, I really wish I had a slayer, or at least a 36mm front fork at times.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Nice thread.
    Geronimo is a blast... did you ride up or shuttle?
    You'll have to try 24th street and Holbert too.
    I ride a RM Switch (the 7" version) on SoMo... we'll have to hook up as I've yet to see a Slayer (or another Switch for that matter) around these parts.
    I've been contemplating buying and SXC frame and throwing all my Switch stuff on it... but, $$$ will likely keep that a pipe dream.
    My bikes, Slayer 70 and Switch 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Nice thread.
    Geronimo is a blast... did you ride up or shuttle?.
    I shuttled with Gnar Gnar, it was my first time there and was amazing!
    I'd really like to climb National next time out there.

mtbr member
    Great looking bike. My first real MTB was a Rocky (Equipe) back in 92'. The only thing I would add would be a Blackspire Stinger. Just to keep your chain from bouncing around on the rough stuff. They make a BB mount if that frame does not have tabs.

JeffcoHo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime View Post
    Great looking bike. My first real MTB was a Rocky (Equipe) back in 92'. The only thing I would add would be a Blackspire Stinger. Just to keep your chain from bouncing around on the rough stuff. They make a BB mount if that frame does not have tabs.
    I had a blackspire stinger on my 2009 Slayer and I ended up taking it off. It cured some problems up front but the stinger can cause real problems if it ever gets bottomed out. It may pin your chain to your frame and cause some real damage.

I would go to a med or short cage derailuer first, the shorter cage will take up slack chain faster.
    ‎"Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears." -Marcus Aurelius

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2