Thread: 2005 rm etsx-50

enjoying the scenery

2005 rm etsx-50

Picked this frame up a month ago or so. I seem to be a hardtail guy, but wanted a FS, because well, why not? We are camping up in the Sierras this July and there might be some real trails there. Got this as frame only, with a Deore LX FD on it. I had the SRAM X9 stuff "lying" around and put it to use here. After some research I read a lot of positive (here on MTBR) about Manitou and added this R7 Pro (plus it's white and keeps my Red and White Canada thing going!). Took it out for a little shakedown ride yesterday to see how it felt. A bit plush, needs more air in the Fox Float, and I think I could get a bit more lockout on the MILO - never dealt with shocks much, usually have the LBS do it. It did climb well, aside from some shifting issues. I am running a X9 shifter with the Deore FD, which is supposed to work. But those are technical details which I can resolve with some fine tuning. My only really issue is how does the rear brake cable attach to the frame? The bosses on the top tube are rather large and the cable just lifts out as you can see in the photo. Will probably shim it with tape, but how did this work on the bike as new? Thanks.
    2010 Niner EMD9
    2005 RM ETSX-50
    2002 Trek 8500
    1997 Marin Bear Valley
    1993 Miyata Elevation 2000

ups and downs
    Sounds like you're missing the hose clips for the brake cables. Small zip ties work fine as long as you trim them with a fingernail or other flush cutting trimmer.

If you're having rear shifting issues your cable casing between the frame and rear swingarm may be a bit short.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada