mtbr member
    May 2005

2000 Element Race - wanna update and give it more travel

Ok

Looked at this a while back, and noticed that back then, the Element and Slayer were exactly the same frame, just different linkages. So, can I put a Slayer linkage (Seatstay to the shock) to get 100mm out of it? I am about to put a 100mm fork on it.

I'm not too worried about voiding the warranty, as it has expired. (Already had to pay for a new chainstay).

Just wondering.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shinerider
    Ok

Looked at this a while back, and noticed that back then, the Element and Slayer were exactly the same frame, just different linkages. So, can I put a Slayer linkage (Seatstay to the shock) to get 100mm out of it? I am about to put a 100mm fork on it.

I'm not too worried about voiding the warranty, as it has expired. (Already had to pay for a new chainstay).

Just wondering.
    If you search you might find people that have already done that. I know that topic has been discussed here before. I don't know how you go about getting the larger linkage - I suppose you can just call Rocky Mtn, but has that changed over years?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have a 2005 Element it has 100mm rear travel so I think yes. 6.5X1.5 fox shock.

I put a Fox talas x on it 90 mm 110mm ans 130 mm travel. original was a 105 mm Marx EXR.

So seems like a plan.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Johny - yea, the linkage has changed slightly, from bushings to bearings.

Jeff - thanks. I just ran into a hell-uv-a-deal for a Float RLC130. Gonna be interesting switch from an old, wornout marz 80mm to that!