Thread: 09 FLow 2.0

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

09 FLow 2.0

So i'm looking at getting a used one for around $250 now. (disregard my other threads about bike purchases, those deals all fell through) But there are some real problems with it. The front hydraulic disc brake is Kaputz, but the rear one seams salvageable, and the real derailur is not shifting properly. Other than that it seems ok.

I want to get this bike and hopefully convert it to AM instead of DJ, and also use it for fun commutes and some XC. Is it a ridiculous idea? Or is it reasonable? Also, i read about problems with the frames on these breaking, or is the problem only with the 1.0's? Is there anything else i should check the bike for when we meet tomorrow?

ups and downs
    The frames are identical, other than paint colour, on the Flow 1 and 2. If the bike is that beat down I would suspect the fork is likely thrashed as well. Wheels could be quite beat down too, check that they are true and the spokes are all intact.

The 14" seat tubes are really too short to be able to get a long enough seatpost in there to make it a pedalable AM bike. These are really a DJ bike and that's about it, it would be like trying to use a BMX for AM use.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada