mtbr member
    May 2007

Weight of Ritchey 4-axis Stems

Does anyone happen to know the weight of the Ritchey WCS 4-axis 44 and WCS 4-axis 31.8mm stems in any length? Unfortunately they don't post the weight of these stems on their website.
    http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=114922 http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=98296

I did manage to find the weight of their carbon 4-axis stem (118g for 100mm length) within the forums here, however.

Thanks in advance to whomever can post a weight for these stems in any length.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    My WCS 4 axis 31.8 @ 100mm came in at 117g. With some Ti bolts it was down to 107g

I also have the same stem in a 17/73 degree that I'm not using which came in at 122g

I guess it just confirms what you already had though.......

mtbr member
    May 2009
    my wcs 4 axis is 31.8 @ 80mm weight in at 115 grams. I went from a ritchey comp 100mm stem which was about 175 grams.

LuizSalles
    The WCS original bolts are made from Titanium, are not ?

I think that are Ti bolts....
    LuizSalles
    São Paulo, São Paulo
    Brazil

Don't be hasty.
    Jun 2007
    My 4-axis 31.8 at 120mm is 126gr.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thank you for posting weights on the aluminum WCS 4-axis, guys

I imagine the "44" model would weigh within a few grams of your posted weights, granted the only difference is the wet-look black finish and a slightly wider faceplate design.

Luiz - As for the Ti bolts coming standard, I believe that is only true for the WCS Carbon 4-axis model.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LuizSalles

As above, only the carbon stem has Ti bolts.

PCC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LuizSalles

The WCS 4-Axis stems used steel bolts, even the early carbon model. I guess sales of the early carbon ones was less then blistering because they actually weighed a bit more than the aluminum model so they substituted titanium bolts for the steel ones and dropped the weight a few more grams. I believe that the aluminum one with titanium bolts will be even lighter than the carbon one with titanium bolts but the five grams you save are hardly worth the effort.

If my memory is correct my aluminum 90mm WCS 4-Axis stem weighs 105 grams on my scale. My buddy's carbon 110mm stem weighs 105 grams on the same scale. I'm not about to take the stem off of my bike to weigh them again, though.

LuizSalles
    Quote Originally Posted by PCC
    The WCS 4-Axis stems used steel bolts, even the early carbon model. I guess sales of the early carbon ones was less then blistering because they actually weighed a bit more than the aluminum model so they substituted titanium bolts for the steel ones and dropped the weight a few more grams. I believe that the aluminum one with titanium bolts will be even lighter than the carbon one with titanium bolts but the five grams you save are hardly worth the effort.

If my memory is correct my aluminum 90mm WCS 4-Axis stem weighs 105 grams on my scale. My buddy's carbon 110mm stem weighs 105 grams on the same scale. I'm not about to take the stem off of my bike to weigh them again, though.
    Good news.... I have the 90mm WCS too, and the bolts are another choice to reduce weight.....

I change all the bolts from my bike, and forget the stem because I Thought the bolts were TI made....

I will take the stem off and shoot some pictures (stem and bolts in scale)

ps.: sorry about my english....
    LuizSalles
    São Paulo, São Paulo
    Brazil