mtbr member

Syncros Ti Bottom Bracket Part Needed

Howdy...

New to this BB but I've been riding since the early 70's and still love the whole experience... love the dirt but fall too often to go alone
    Getting too old so that hardly any of my old bikie buddies ride at all any more...

Anyways the reason for this post is to search if anyone out there has the driveside lockring for the old syncros ti bottom bracket.

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

the new Gilbert Grape
    It should be the same thread pitch as any other bottom bracket. Steal one of of any old 1980's Shimano or SunTour BB and you'll be set.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    It should be the same thread pitch as any other bottom bracket. Steal one of of any old 1980's Shimano or SunTour BB and you'll be set.
    Well the problem is that the driveside is left-handed threads... so that's the major issue I'm having.
    I have replaced the non-driveside with a regular steel lockring and it has performed flawlessley for years.
    BTW, the originals were machined aluminum and were prone to breakage (exactly what happened to mine)

Thanks for the input

the new Gilbert Grape
    Ah. Good point. I forgot that the lock ring was only on one side.

I have a spare one for a Specialized BB. Check your PMs.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    It'd be the same as any other driveside lockring, that much of your answer was correct. Its just a matter of finding a BB with dual-adjustable cups to steal the lockring from.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    I may have one, but will have to dig for it. I won't be able to search for it until Sunday, but will post/PM if/when I find it.

-Chris