mtbr member
    Apr 2008

syncros stem problem

wondering if anybody has a tip on where to get a stem cap for a 10 year old syncros mountain ahead stem? as you may know the caps are specific to these stems and i can't cut a my new fork's steerer tube until i get one. apparently syncros has changed hands a few times and they no longer have any older parts (even after pilfering old warehouses).

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I have syncros stems but they are the newer variety. It's hard enough for me to find the new stuff nowadays, and when I do it is out of stock most the time.

It may be you have to get a new stem, or if you have access to a person who can make you one, but that will be a pain.
    ... And I Am You,
    And What I See Is Me!

There's no app for this.

Get a new stem

the likelyhood of finding that part is zero. Read up here:

http://www.nsmb.com/shore_news/marshall_syncros.php

Jim

That slanted one? I've got one of those stems, with the hinged handlebar clamp, laying around somewheres...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Brackish
    Zero, I had one that a fool (not me for once) ruined just before Syncros went down the second time. I tried for years to find one, never could. Maybe now with ebay and a lot of dedicated searching you can find a used one somewhere.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    thanks for the info. - i'm even less inclined to switch out the stem now seeing as how it's an antique from the original company...