mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Syncros Stem 80mm

What are your thoughts on using a 80mm Syncros stem on my 05 Session 77. I do DH with it, NorthStar....

Bottlerockin'
    80mm is long for DH...unless you're intentionally attempting to drag out the cockpit a bit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well I was originally. I had it on a small 05 Session 7. I have since picked up a medium 05Session 77. I put the Bontrager 50mm stem on and it felt to short. I was thinking a 70mm would be better but I allready have the 80mm. I am wondering if I should order a different DH specific stem (70mm). Or another Syncors AM at 70mm. Or keep the 80mm???
    Also I am 6ft/245 and not super agressive. If there is an alternitive line (big jump/drop) I will take it. I think that will change in time though as well.
    Thanks

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by 07 FSRxc
    What are your thoughts on using a 80mm Syncros stem on my 05 Session 77. I do DH with it, NorthStar....
    No offense but it sounds like a bad move. Why do you want your weight distribution and leverage point so far forward relative to the front axle?

There's a reason virtually all dh/fr bikes come with 40 to 50mm stems. Give or take a few mm... but they ain't ever getting close to 80mm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I know, just feels so short to me. Even on a large frame. I should just ride it and get used to it. Maybe sell the 80mm.