外国人
    Jun 2007

syncros ds28 rims for big guy?

i'm currently using sun ringle double track rims and they are bombproof but they are heavy! was looking into getting the fr dps 32 rims from syncros but according to our local supplier there is no shipment for that model anytime soon

i'm 240 lbs. on an fr rig and a fr/dh beginner, would you recommend the syncros ds28 AM wheelset? thanks in advance!
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

mtbr member
    Enjoy Syncros rims at your local taco stand...

Have FUN!

G MAN

PS - Did not last one day at Whistler and my friend is a smooth rider... NOT for DH/FR use if you ask me.
    Last edited by Gman086; 09-09-2009 at 10:56 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I weigh 185 and use the Halo Freedoms (same rim) on my AM/FR bike. No trouble so far in the last year or so of riding rocky trails and a couple cased djs. They're nice and light for pedaling too. I'm happy with em, especially for the price

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metanoia
    i'm 240 lbs. on an fr rig and a fr/dh beginner, would you recommend the syncros ds28 AM wheelset? thanks in advance!
    I weigh a bit more than you and I'm running DS28's on my trail bike (Enduro), they're about a year old and seem to be holding up well. I don't abuse them, that bike is used mostly for technical XC and sees small drops (< 3 feet) at the most. I wouldn't use them on my DH bike (I'm running Mavic 823's on my Big Hit).

A strong rim that's pretty light (575g) is the Mavic 721. Heck, even Mavic's widest DH rim, the 729, is probably lighter than the doubletracks that you've got.