Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Syncros

mtbr member
    Then I agree Colker1. Fat cranks belong on big tube frames.
    Too many bikes, and just enough time to ride them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Is the "r" silent in syncros? I was watching the new Sea Otter vid for the Syncros booth and I noticed the rep was not enunciating the "r".

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Can I ask a question please?

I've always been a massive Syncros fan and always had the seatpost and fixed forks on my M2, however had always lusted after one of those super-beefy Cattleprod stems.

Got myself one sourced on Ebay and whipped off the Control Stem that I had had on my bike and Cattleprod on. The only problem is, that the Ritchey WCS Pro (gold) bars that I have (and were fine in the Control Stem) seem to flex a lot in the Syncros stem.

My cattleprod is one of those with the hinged (silver) flap on the front which enables the bars to be put in / out quickly and easily and I would have thought that this would have accepted most sized bars - but as I write this, wondered if the stem was only designed to accept the oversize 31.8mm bars?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    ohhh man I love seeing Syncros goodies!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Additional Syncros Forks

Quote Originally Posted by Kailas View Post
    ohhh man I love seeing Syncros goodies!
    Have just uploaded some addtional pics of the Syncros forks into my gallery - especially for you!

Note: No nasty fender mounts like I've seen on some US forks!!

PS - does anyone know about the Syncros Cattleprod / Ritchey Bar Combo?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Very nice, I'm looking for an old Syncros powerlite for my old Altitude frame, Great looking bike by the way!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    one piece ritchey/Syncros bar combo? If so, sounds amazing, never seen one..

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    one piece ritchey/Syncros bar combo? If so, sounds amazing, never seen one..
    No, they're not one piece - but that's the problem. When I had the Control Stem installed with the Ritchey WCS bar it felt pretty stiff and solid.

Same bar with the Cattleprod feels much more flexible... That's my question - should the bar and stem go together? Or should I be fitting a fatter bar in this particular stem?

Very nice, I'm looking for an old Syncros powerlite for my old Altitude frame, Great looking bike by the way!
    Thx - Cool, a tri-colour Klein Attitude? Always lusted over one of those when I was racing... never saw anyone here in the UK actually risk smashing one up in a race though!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Syncros was pronounced with the r. I think Pip got the name from a King Sunny Ade album/song called Syncro System. I worked with Pippin at West Point and in fact lived with him and Jacob H for a short period of time too. I still ski in Superfeet cork foot beds custom moulded for my feet by Peter Hamilton when he worked at Skyline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2