DGB
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

New question here. Ritchey WCS Ergo grips which way?

First post here in the WW section.
    I was wondering what way do people who use the Ritchey WCS Ergo grips mount them? Do you have the thick part towards the inside of the bar or towards the outside? Any particular reason for your choice?

The Ritchey website mentions that there is an inner "hand-stop" collar, is that meant to be the part closest to the bar end plug in the pic above?
    I don't want to mount them and find out they should go the other way or would work better the other way because I think they might tear when trying to remove them.

bike rider
    Sorry, your pic isn't viewable for me but the thicker part goes on the inside.
    Keep the Country country.

YT
    mtbr member
    Thick pad towards you, gives best cushion....

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I just did four rides with these grips (for the first time) on my SS. I though that they were quite nice and had them mounted with the bulge on the inside (closest to the stem). However I was thinking about trying them with the bulge on the outside as that is where my hands take a lot of pressure. Anybody tried mounting them "in reverse"?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    i run one backwards because i wasn't paying attention when putting them on, and haven't had the time or reason to switch it. Running them on a rigid bike and so far no noticeable difference.

mtbr member
    I like it better reversed....just like u said more cushion on outside...and less foam interfering w/shifting(my index and thumb)