Custom User Title

Ritchey WCS carbon bar problem

I ordered a Ritchey WCS carbon riser bar and when I inspected it before installation, I noticed that there is a very tiny indentation in the resin.
    Like I said, it is tiny and it's also not from a hit, so no chip. Just looks like a small flaw.

The flaw is about half and inch away from where the stem clamps on the bar and is on the bottom.

Should I be concerned or is this really no big deal?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    IMO, no big deal. I also have the Ritchey WCS Carbon bar and have had a few serious OTB with no issues they are quite strong...just ride and enjoy
    '10 Pivot Cycles Mach 5! -- 07' C'dale Prophet 3 -- 08' C'dale Caffeine HT /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Pivot FTW

Custom User Title
    Thanks for the reply!

I'm just gonna mount it and go with it, unless someone else has a comment that would make me change my mind.

Proud bike-o-holic
    I have some carbon parts and have read that as long as the fiber isn´t damaged, there is no problem.
    If you want to be sure, call the manufacturer or visit your LBS (if he is a knowledgeable person).
    Marco

Custom User Title
    I went to my LBS and the guy said it was nothing, just a tiny flaw in the clear coat, so I am just gonna use it.