Custom User Title

Ritchey WCS carbon bar problem

I ordered a Ritchey WCS carbon riser bar and when I inspected it before installation, I noticed that there is a very tiny indentation in the resin.
    Like I said, it is tiny and it's also not from a hit, so no chip. Just looks like a small flaw.

The flaw is about half and inch away from where the stem clamps on the bar and is on the bottom.

Should I be concerned or is this really no big deal?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    IMO, no big deal. I also have the Ritchey WCS Carbon bar and have had a few serious OTB with no issues they are quite strong...just ride and enjoy
    '10 Pivot Cycles Mach 5! -- 07' C'dale Prophet 3 -- 08' C'dale Caffeine HT /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Pivot FTW

Custom User Title
    Thanks for the reply!

I'm just gonna mount it and go with it, unless someone else has a comment that would make me change my mind.

Proud bike-o-holic
    I have some carbon parts and have read that as long as the fiber isnīt damaged, there is no problem.
    If you want to be sure, call the manufacturer or visit your LBS (if he is a knowledgeable person).
    Marco

Custom User Title
    I went to my LBS and the guy said it was nothing, just a tiny flaw in the clear coat, so I am just gonna use it.