mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Ritchey Tires NON UST but UST Rims!!

Anyone built up any tires wheel setups with Ritchey Non ust tires on UST rims? For those of us who have been riding a while they have now introduced an old tire that was an all around fantastic tire recently.

RickM

mtbr member
    You can run a tube and regular tire on UST rims without issue.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Ritchey on ust rims

I'm currently running some Ritchey Z-Max Evolution on Crossmax SL's and are working fine even though the Ritchey tires claim to be a 2.1 but is really on the thin side but that's besides the point...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Thanks for the input

Cool. Are you running them with Stans? Also per the previous reply regarding running tubes. I am in the camp that I have experienced such exceptional ride quality improvement running tubeless (regardless of weight savings) that I have absolutely no interest in running the wheels with tubes, but thanks for the advice anyway.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Stans is non-optional on any tubeless application. That is the best thing ever invented next to air-conditioning!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

I hear you

I hear you but I will have to say I ran Hutchison Python tubeless before stans came out for years without flat problems.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    You can run them but once you get a thorn your screwed without Stans to seal the puncture as you ride. I guess those Pythons must have been some though babies...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Bye the way, I'm looking to install some tires that have larger casing than my Ritchey's. Anyone know of a good, high volume, lightweight tire that will work in most conditions?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Marketing Boys

One of my best friends works for Mavic and through the grapevine the idea was that Hutchison put a very light layer of pliable rubber on the inside of the tire that would create a seal on the thorn and hold air until the torn was removed. That seamed to work by my expreience, but I don't now if that was luck or simply just the way they were supposed to work. Now that I have gone the stans route with lighter tires I tend to have more problems with flats but then again maybe I am just riding harder!!