mtbr member

Ritchey Superlogic Seatpost

This seatpost looks pretty interesting. I appreciate the abitlity to adjust the post with one simple and easy to reach bolt.

Does anybody know the actual weight of this post? Has anybody used the post and can attest to the function of the clamp? Does it creak and does it supply enough support to the seat rails to comfortably use a carbon railed seat?
    CyclingCentralVa.org

mtbr member
    I owned a Ritchey one bolt seatpost years ago and didn't like it at all. Lots of people have the same opinion if you search online. I'm sure plenty will say it's great the way it is but I know Ritchey is developing a two bolt road seatpost, I'm sure there will be a mtn.version too.
    I think Ritchey components in general are ok, sorta light, not too expensive, available in any shop but there's nothing extraordinarily with any of their products.
    I wouldn't buy one.

mtbr member
    Interesting, and I have read many of the same reviews of the one bolt post. This post, while still using one bolt, has a different looking clamp. Ritchey doesn't list weights so I was hoping to get some feedback on that plus I want to know how good the clamp is.
    CyclingCentralVa.org

mtbr member
    Someone will have the weight for sure. Ask this forum for opinions and the weight too.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/fo...b074669181463f

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    My 30.9 x 350mm weighs 173g. The clamp is fussy to assemble but seems substantial and weighs about 50g itself. I haven't ridden it yet.
    Last edited by craigsj; 11-05-2010 at 11:43 AM.

JAZ
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I have the WCS 1 bolt version & it's a pain to put together, sort of hold 5 or 6 parts then try & tighten it before it falls apart. Quite frustrating, but once it's done up no problem. I also found I have to tighten the bolt a bit more than what feels safe otherwise it slips.
    I had to buy a different Ritchey clamp to accommodate the thicker carbon rails of my saddle as the supplied one is for thinner metal rails.

gone for a bike ride
    i like the post design (but not the price) - install & forget + very strong + no creaks or saddle tilt - if you don't have a torque wrench or have little patience get your lbs to install the seatpost

09 Ritchey Superlogic 27.2x350mm UD carbon seatpost + standard rail kit (wide) - 21.09.09 #4170 V2
    Ritchey Superlogic 27.2 x 350mm UD carbon seatpost + standard rail kit + steel bolt

09 Ritchey Superlogic 27.2x350mm UD carbon seatpost + 8.5mm rail kit (wide) - 21.09.09 #4163 V2
    Ritchey Superlogic 27.2 x 350mm UD carbon seatpost + Selle Italia Carbonio 8.5mm rail kit + steel bolt

09 Ritchey Superlogic 27.2x350mm UD carbon seatpost (wide) - 21.09.09 #4157 v2
    Ritchey Superlogic 27.2 x 350mm UD carbon seatpost tube

Ritchey WCS carbon 1 bolt zero-setback 27.2 x 350mm seatpost cradle kit + steel bolt - 06.10.10 #4587 v2
    Ritchey Superlogic 1 bolt standard seatpost cradle kit + steel bolt

Ritchey WCS one bolt 8.5mm carbon rail kit - 17.09.09 #3976 v2
    Ritchey Superlogic 1 bolt cradle + Selle Italia Carbonio 8.5mm oval carbon rail kit + steel bolt

RIDE...
    Culturesponge,

which kit (selle or fizik) will you use with the specialized romin saddle with that seatpost?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Culture's post is light. I just wish Ritchey would come out with a two bolt clamp. Two bolts, under 190 grams, I'd buy that.