Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Snowjnky McDreamy
    Reputation: snowjnky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,337

    Ritchey Stickers? Nomad?

    Hey does any one know how I can get my hands on some real vintage Ritchey decals, or stickers, or pins? I want orignals please. Are they still around or am I Looking for something that does not exsist? Pardon my stupid question, if it indeed is stupid. I just have an old vintage huffy that I had powdercoated and I would like to slap some ritchey stickers on it and sell it on ebay.

    on another subject is my Nomad now vintage because it's got the OLD 1 1/8 headtube?
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

  2. #2
    VRC Hound
    Reputation: bushpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,246
    Original Ritchey decals can be found from time to time on Ebay. They tend to sell for a mint.

  3. #3
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16,765
    I knicked a bunch of NOS original Ritchey decals from some sucker that hangs out at Calmar about a month back.


    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  4. #4
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,638
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky
    Hey does any one know how I can get my hands on some real vintage Ritchey decals, or stickers, or pins? I want orignals please. Are they still around or am I Looking for something that does not exsist? Pardon my stupid question, if it indeed is stupid. I just have an old vintage huffy that I had powdercoated and I would like to slap some ritchey stickers on it and sell it on ebay.

    on another subject is my Nomad now vintage because it's got the OLD 1 1/8 headtube?
    your SOL dude.

    had some kicking around the shop, but some whack job in a knit mask made off with em
    looking for 20-21" P team

  5. #5
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,274
    Ask a ninja. http://askaninja.com/
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

  6. #6
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16,765
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister
    your SOL dude.

    had some kicking around the shop, but some whack job in a knit mask made off with em

    And you didn't stop him!?
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  7. #7
    Snowjnky McDreamy
    Reputation: snowjnky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    I knicked a bunch of NOS original Ritchey decals from some sucker that hangs out at Calmar about a month back.


    Calmar?? dude I went ther one time and all I saw was some dude pounding coffee like gatorade, a weirdo that has a cornrows in his beard and that pretty boy who rides vintage bikes everywhere so he has excuses why he's slow. Was it one of them? Let me I'd love to buy some off of them.
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

  8. #8
    Certified Bike Junkie
    Reputation: muddybuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,740
    For what you are doing I think these would be adequate.

    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

    Using original vintage decals on a project like that would be a waste of money and a waste of a rare and valuable item.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

  9. #9
    Snowjnky McDreamy
    Reputation: snowjnky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,337
    what is NOS, anyway?
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

  10. #10
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16,765
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky
    Calmar?? dude I went ther one time and all I saw was some dude pounding coffee like gatorade, a weirdo that has a cornrows in his beard and that pretty boy who rides vintage bikes everywhere so he has excuses why he's slow. Was it one of them? Let me I'd love to buy some off of them.
    The cornrow kid with 148 unfinished project bikes I'm pretty sure.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  11. #11
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16,765
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky
    what is NOS, anyway?

    It makes cars go faster. Unless you drive an Olds.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  12. #12
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    And you didn't stop him!?
    no chance, that dude was freaky
    looking for 20-21" P team

  13. #13
    Snowjnky McDreamy
    Reputation: snowjnky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by muddybuddy
    For what you are doing I think these would be adequate.

    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

    Using original vintage decals on a project like that would be a waste of money and a waste of a rare and valuable item.
    Thanks I did not think of that...u think it will work? I would like to get at least 250-300 bones for the rig
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

  14. #14
    Snowjnky McDreamy
    Reputation: snowjnky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    It makes cars go faster. Unless you drive an Olds.
    Burn
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

  15. #15
    Snowjnky McDreamy
    Reputation: snowjnky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    The cornrow kid with 148 unfinished project bikes I'm pretty sure.
    did he have stunter shades too? was he rocking his rollerblades?
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

  16. #16
    Certified Bike Junkie
    Reputation: muddybuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky
    Thanks I did not think of that...u think it will work? I would like to get at least 250-300 bones for the rig
    I think you should be able to get at least double that.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

  17. #17
    velocipede technician
    Reputation: hollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,638
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky
    was he rocking his rollerblades?
    that was cold blooded
    looking for 20-21" P team

  18. #18
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16,765
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky
    did he have stunter shades too? was he rocking his rollerblades?

    I don't know, he was wearing these:

    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gm1230126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,939
    [QUOTE=muddybuddy]
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

    If anybody here needs some of the Blue Ritchey stickers/decals at this link let me know. I won a TDF contest question on the Ritchey web site a couple years back and they sent me like a hundred of each. Did they ever use these blue ones on a bike or were they just made for promotional purposes?
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •