Thread: Ritchey Spokes

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Ritchey Spokes

Are "Ritchey" spokes, which are supposedely made by DT Swiss, the exact same spoke as a DT spoke? I see some dude is selling a bunch of Ritchey 2.0/1.8 spokes on fleabay for a decent price, and he says they are re-badged DTs. Anybody use these? Are they the same spec as the current DTs - butting, everything? Thanks.
    Last edited by Haymarket; 06-08-2009 at 04:01 PM.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymarket
    Are "Ritchey", which are supposedely made by DT Swiss, the exact same spke as a DT spoke? I see some dude is selling a bunch of Ritchey 2.0/1.8 spokes on fleabay for a decent price, and he says they are re-badged DTs. Anybody use these? Are they the same spec as the current DTs - butting, everything? Thanks.
    Exactly the same? Probably not.

No reason not to use them if the price is right.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Former Bike Wrench
    Made by DT yes...the same as DT Comps, no...the Ritchey spokes had shorter butts and were actually 2.0/1.6 (also came in 1.8/1.5)

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    They say 2.0/1.8; but I might avoid them anyway as I noticed that they have a blue substance the seller said is "Spoke Prep" applied to the threads. I should avoid that stuff, right?

Former Bike Wrench
    Nothing wrong with Spoke Prep, blue sounds like Wheelsmith prep

I've never seen 2.0/1.8 Ritchey Spokes but if they are indeed that, then they are probably very similar to the DT Comps...although the Ritchey Spokes had very short butts compared to the standard DT butts