mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Ritchey single bolt design

Has anyone used this? I have a carbon wc one piece incorporating carbon also in the cradle and I'm worried how it works as the post came with no instructions and ritche online is just to cover their backs with no real info on how to clamp the seat rails correctly without damaging the carbon seatpost cradle.

So if anyones used it, please advise. I've got as far as getting the seat rails in the clamps but it already feels tight and I gather you just tighten it down and the other clamp comes towards the carbon cradle but I'm worried its just going to dig into the carbon.

Any help on this one much appreciated

JAZ
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I have one & found you have to tighten it a bit tighter than you would think, first time I did it reasonably tight but after riding it & landing on the saddle it moved & put the saddle at a weird angle. I then did it up a couple of extra turns past tight & it's been fine since.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    This is a piece of crap design. It involves putting a huge amount of force on one side of the cradle to allow the other clamp to move inwards against the rails. The carbon cradle is going to get completely crushed from the metal clamps. Anyone agree on this design not really being up to scratch. Patent pending, for what? Seems really stone age.

gone for a bike ride

WCS single bolt setback seatpost - nada problemos!

Quote Originally Posted by saga
    This is a piece of crap design. It involves putting a huge amount of force on one side of the cradle to allow the other clamp to move inwards against the rails. The carbon cradle is going to get completely crushed from the metal clamps. Anyone agree on this design not really being up to scratch. Patent pending, for what? Seems really stone age.
    i like the seatpost alot, it might not be the most logical design but it works well. i'm 160lb mostly XC, clocked over 1000 miles with this 08 WCS single bolt seatpost + oval carbon rail kit & SLR Carbonio Flow combo = really great damping + nada problemos!

careful install with liberal use of carbon paste & not overtightening upon the initial fiddley assembly/install is very important.

whenever i install a seatpost or saddle, i give the saddle a good hard fore-aft wiggle before finally winding up the last threads - doing that stops saddles moving after hard jolts on the trails, if i forget to do it they alway tip forward after jolts.

........edit to add further install info.............
    Last edited by culturesponge; 01-04-2011 at 04:34 PM.