No known cure

Ritchey serial numbers

I just picked up 7B32 this morning. Is the "32" the 32nd 17" frame built, or the 32nd B frame built? Any idea on the year? 84-85ish?

I saw a guy towing a shopping cart full of recyclables, flipped a u turn and chased him back to the recycling center, and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Part of the deal was that he got to keep the beach cruiser saddle.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    haha. awesome. there weren't many 17 inchers and they seem to have their own sequence for some reason. Usually with the bigger bikes you can get a rough idea of the year from the number but from the 17's I've seen that's not the case. Are the parts original?

Pics.

No known cure
    The frame is a little rough, but it's a SoCal frame and there's no rust. The guy originally said is wasn't for sale beacuse it was a great riding bike. Most of the components are beat but the important stuff is fine. 600 headset, Specialized cranks, Suntour Bear traps, Ritchey Bullmoose bars, MC70 cantilevers. The shifters, levers and derailleurs are toast as are the hubs and rims. Here's a crappy cell phone pic. You can see I'm already tearing her down
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ritchey serial numbers-img00032-20100913-1159%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    I just picked up 7B32 this morning. Is the "32" the 32nd 17" frame built, or the 32nd B frame built? Any idea on the year? 84-85ish?

I saw a guy towing a shopping cart full of recyclables, flipped a u turn and chased him back to the recycling center, and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Part of the deal was that he got to keep the beach cruiser saddle.

http://www.oldmountainbikes.com/serialnumbers/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    The frame is a little rough, but it's a SoCal frame and there's no rust.
    You're lucky then. I've never found that to be true about So Cal. frames/bikes. Usually all the allen bolt hardware is rusted and most of the aluminum is pitted from exposure to salt air.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    You're lucky then. I've never found that to be true about So Cal. frames/bikes. Usually all the allen bolt hardware is rusted and most of the aluminum is pitted from exposure to salt air.

No salt air at 7000' in Big Bear. Besides, the frame has the glaze and grime of soda, beer, puke and who knows what else.