Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ritchey Design Rep

Ritchey Rep here to answer all you questions

Hi All!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the spokesperson here at Ritchey Design USA and I'd like to invite anyone who has any questions or comments about our products to post them here on the Ritchey / Syncros Forum. I'll do my best to respond and help you understand the vast array of bicycle components we have to offer.

Here at Ritchey we all ride and are extremely passionate and proud of everything we produce. Please don't be shy. Let us know what you think!

Dave
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have always been a big fan of Ritchey stuff. All my bikes have Ritchey bars, stems, seatposts and pedals. But I have two sets of Ritchey WCS V4, and one set of Pro V4pedals that are worn out after about 1000 miles of riding for each set. I contacted you guys and was told I was out of luck because you had no rebuild parts. The solution I was given was to buy more super expensive Ritchey pedals because the paradigm does have small parts available. That really has turned me off to you guys. I mean these were some seriously expensive pedals that lasted one year, now they are just titanium paperweights. I can't even sell these things on ebay because they are so worn out and not even good for parts. I mean the least you guys could have done is offer me some discounted pedals or something. I don't think anyone can deny that the V4 pedals were poorly engineered. A set of $30 wellgo pedals lasted me 10 years of riding, a $200 set of pedals ought to outlast cheap wellgo pedals. I will say though that the V4 IMO have the best engagement of any pedal I have tried, while they were working well I loved them.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Why are all the threads on vintage Ritchey bikes from the VRC forums being pulled in here?

It seems like a very misguided idea. Nearly all the threads below are about classic hand-made Tom Ritchey frames and are not at all related to the current Ritchey/Syncros component/parts line up. Please put the vintage threads back where you found them!!
    Last edited by yo-Nate-y; 04-03-2011 at 09:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Agreed

mtbr member

Production numbers

Hi Dave, it is nice to have a Ritchey expert to answer our questions here at MTBR. I know I have many questions to ask.

Here is one to get us going:

How many fillet brazed frames did Tom Ritchey make between 1980 and 1990. please break it down to the best of your knowledge by by model and year. A simple excel spreadsheet would be great. I look forward,
    T

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    I have always been a big fan of Ritchey stuff. All my bikes have Ritchey bars, stems, seatposts and pedals. But I have two sets of Ritchey WCS V4, and one set of Pro V4pedals that are worn out after about 1000 miles of riding for each set. I contacted you guys and was told I was out of luck because you had no rebuild parts. The solution I was given was to buy more super expensive Ritchey pedals because the paradigm does have small parts available. That really has turned me off to you guys. I mean these were some seriously expensive pedals that lasted one year, now they are just titanium paperweights. I can't even sell these things on ebay because they are so worn out and not even good for parts. I mean the least you guys could have done is offer me some discounted pedals or something. I don't think anyone can deny that the V4 pedals were poorly engineered. A set of $30 wellgo pedals lasted me 10 years of riding, a $200 set of pedals ought to outlast cheap wellgo pedals. I will say though that the V4 IMO have the best engagement of any pedal I have tried, while they were working well I loved them.
    Sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience. It's unfortunately true regarding rebuild parts right now. However, we've got some great new pedal designs right around the corner that might be a better fix.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by yo-Nate-y
    Why are all the threads on vintage Ritchey bikes from the VRC forums being pulled in here?

It seems like a very misguided idea. Nearly all the threads below are about classic hand-made Tom Ritchey frames and are not at all related to the current Ritchey/Syncros component/parts line up. Please put the vintage threads back where you found them!!
    We just started this Ritchey forum and they gathered everything with Ritchey as the subject and throw it in. Give it time and I'm sure Ritchey's more relevent and current products will get their time.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemmer
    Hi Dave, it is nice to have a Ritchey expert to answer our questions here at MTBR. I know I have many questions to ask.

Here is one to get us going:

How many fillet brazed frames did Tom Ritchey make between 1980 and 1990. please break it down to the best of your knowledge by by model and year. A simple excel spreadsheet would be great. I look forward,
    T

Unfortunately we don't keep track of Tom's early frame work. However a great resource for this is www.oldmountainbikes.com.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave
    We just started this Ritchey forum and they gathered everything with Ritchey as the subject and throw it in. Give it time and I'm sure Ritchey's more relevent and current products will get their time.

Thanks for the response, but that's not the point. This forum is fine for "relevant and current" stuff, but you pulled a lot of threads about vintage Ritchey bikes here from the Vintage, Retro, Classic (VRC) forum. People want those threads moved back, since they are a great resource for those of us who enjoy vintage bikes.

For contemporary stuff, by all means do it here. But please have them move the vintage threads back to VRC!!

mtbr member
    Another great resource was the VRC forum on this very same site. If the vintage threads don't get moved back, you are just going to have a lot of angry vintage Ritchey fans (and people, by the way who also buy modern stuff!). Not a good move.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by yo-Nate-y
    Another great resource was the VRC forum on this very same site. If the vintage threads don't get moved back, you are just going to have a lot of angry vintage Ritchey fans (and people, by the way who also buy modern stuff!). Not a good move.
    Not trying to anger anyone, just trying give people a channel off communication with us. I'll contact MTBR.
    Dave Law

VRC Illuminati
    Unfortunately we don't keep track of Tom's early frame work. However a great resource for this is www.oldmountainbikes.com.

A website started and maintained by a VRC regular. Great resource for new Ritchey lovers here in this new forum...but all the VRC regulars know about it.

I'm happy Ritchey and Syncros are getting their own forum. Congrats and good luck.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

underachiever
    I'll contact MTBR.
    Yes, please do. The new products have nothing to do with the VRC products.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    I think that's an awesome idea to have a Ritchey rep here. What an asset to MTBR.

mtbr member
    HI,

Can you tell me if Ritchey decals are still available? Especially from the early 90's ?
    "I think it is heavy and often stupid and doesn't work as well as Shimano, but I keep using it. -- NG

Exaggerated member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb11
    HI,

Can you tell me if Ritchey decals are still available? Especially from the early 90's ?
    I'd like to know the same thing as I'm after a couple of sets of decals for a 1995 Crazy Pete that I'm restoring. Mine definitely needs a repaint and hence new decals.
    Alex

Exaggerated member
    And when are we going to see a reincarnation or reissue of the Syncros Revolution cranks from the mid-90's?

Damn nice piece of equipment.
    Alex

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by kb11
    HI,

We have a bunch of random decals kicking around the office. If you let me know what you're looking for I can tell you if they're available.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Need 1 "Handmade by Tom Ritchey" and 2 TR head tube decal with small USA , white.
    "I think it is heavy and often stupid and doesn't work as well as Shimano, but I keep using it. -- NG

Ritchey Design Rep
    Yeah, we've got those. You can have you local bike shop call us up and special order them.

Same goes for you alexk, we've got decals that'll work on your Crazy Pete. We don't have any plans to rerelease those Syncros cranks, but I'll toss the idea into the think tank.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Good day,

Bought a rim (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=52947) and cannot find any information about it on official website. Currently to complete a wheel I need to know:
    1) which side to disk brake (rim has one wall goes a bit steeper than another)
    2) how to calc spoke length properly (considering eyelets offset on OCR rim), should I just reduce offset from hub's center-to-falnge value?
    3) which are ERD and offset for this particular Ritchey OCR XC 26" 28h rim
    4) can I use Alu nipples with this rim?

Your help is greately appreciated!
    Last edited by e_lasman; 04-08-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Ritchey Design Rep
    good questions.

1) which side to disk brake (rim has one wall goes a bit steeper than another)
    The steeper side is the drive side, the other side is the disk brake side.

2) how to calc spoke length properly (considering eyelets offset on OCR rim), should I just reduce offset from hub's center-to-falnge value?
    this website should help you figure out exactly what length spokes to get:
    http://lenni.info/edd/

3) which are ERD and offset for this particular Ritchey OCR XC 26" 28h rim
    see above

4) can I use Alu nipples with this rim?
    Yes

Hope this helps!
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Thank you Dave! ERD and OSB where helpful on that website, while Specialized Stout hub seems to be VERY different from year to year and on different web-sites ))) But thank you again for your help! Hope to ride wheel in a day or two

P.S. IMO still it would be nice to have such vital info on official website rather than refer to 3rd party ones.

Ritchey Design Rep
    My pleasure, glad I could help!
    Dave Law

ELMO IS MY LORD!!!
    Are Ritchey WCS carbon handlebars coated in anything to protect them from UV rays?
    It's only a matter of time...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast