Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thank you for the response. Yes, a handling concern question. I like an xc race geometry for everyday trail riding, but am not a fan of 9ers. Most frames avail in 26 (and to some extent 27.5) are pitched as am or trail, and tend to have higher bbs, slacker headtubes, and longer wheelbases. Not a fan of that geometry. Wondering wheelbase of your frames to compare to a bike I'm happy with in that respect (~42"/1070mm). I don't mind spending $$$ on something I'll love, but hate to spend $1100 to see if I'll love it (really, I should just trust that it'll be ok; it says Ritchey on it... but I tend to obsess about bigger purchases). I don't suppose there is any way to demo a built up bike? I'm in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    I don't have that particular number as it varies based on tires and fork used. Why do you ask? Are you just interested in handling characteristics. If that's the case, our chainstays on both these frames are on the slightly longer end to allow a more stable all day ride. Based on the fork and tires you choose you can increase or decrease this slightly. Let me know if you have a more specific question you want me to help answer.

Ritchey Design Rep
    All the P-Series frames lean more towards an XC geometry than all mountain. We do have P-650B demo bikes that we send around the country to retailers for their customers to try. Have your local shop give us a call. I think I have a 19" that should be available to ship within the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgearstillrolls View Post
    Thank you for the response. Yes, a handling concern question. I like an xc race geometry for everyday trail riding, but am not a fan of 9ers. Most frames avail in 26 (and to some extent 27.5) are pitched as am or trail, and tend to have higher bbs, slacker headtubes, and longer wheelbases. Not a fan of that geometry. Wondering wheelbase of your frames to compare to a bike I'm happy with in that respect (~42"/1070mm). I don't mind spending $$$ on something I'll love, but hate to spend $1100 to see if I'll love it (really, I should just trust that it'll be ok; it says Ritchey on it... but I tend to obsess about bigger purchases). I don't suppose there is any way to demo a built up bike? I'm in CO.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    That would be wonderful! Thank you so much! Next week or so is too soon; trails still snowed in here at 9600' with another foot or two expected from a spring storm this weekend. It'll be a few weeks yet til things open up and dry out. I'll contact you then; a parking lot test ride is pointless if I could do the real thing.

All the P-Series frames lean more towards an XC geometry than all mountain. We do have P-650B demo bikes that we send around the country to retailers for their customers to try. Have your local shop give us a call. I think I have a 19" that should be available to ship within the next week.

just some guy

Swiss Cross Disc dropout spacing?

Hi Ritchey Dave,

Do you know what the rear dropout spacing on the forthcoming Swiss Cross Disc model will be?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by talabardio View Post
    Hi Ritchey Dave,

Do you know what the rear dropout spacing on the forthcoming Swiss Cross Disc model will be?
    They'll be 135mm.
    Dave Law

tmb
    When in doubt- turn left
    Feb 2004
    Any options to run a 10x135 thru axle on my Vantage II 29 rear wheel? I see you offer 12x142 but not 10x135. Maybe American Classic's kit could be made to work?

I'm using the DT Swiss RWS 10x135 on my Stan's wheels and would like to use one on my Ritchey's as well.

Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    It is designed to work with both 140mm or 160mm (with adaptor) rotors. We're expecting them early June.
    I assume that ritchey carbon disk cx fork will be available soon?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ditchey_dave
    I have a carbon superlogic seatpost and a Fizik MAg. rail saddle. when I torque the clamp bolt to 12Nm the saddle will still move when enough force is placed on the tip. it seems to lock the saddle rails ok but does not seem to lock into the carbon on the post.(yes I did check to make sure I have the correct clamp) is there a problem with different types of saddles? Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Hi Ritchey Dave,

The Red on my P29er frame is worn away due to cable rub(by the headtube). Can you recommend the type of red nailpolish color I would get that can easily match this? (too many shades of Red out there)

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Erhar View Post
    I assume that ritchey carbon disk cx fork will be available soon?
    Any news about the new cx fork from ritchey? I thought that by now it should have arrived.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    oldgearsstillrolls - I have both the p-29er... and the p-team 26 and a friend bought the 27.5 after riding both of mine... I get off one and feel just as comfy on the other.... I've ridden loads of 29er steels, and loads of 26 steels.... I prefer XC oriented bikes. Even my Turner Flux only has a 100mm fork on it for a bit more racey feel....
    I ride tight tracks and all my friends struggle on their 29ers ..... while I am gone !... love them. Another friend is about to buy a p-29er after riding mine... he doesnt like his Niner Sir after riding mine. I even bought my wife a p-29er. Looking for a Plexus / p21/p23/niti and will wait for the new Fat Commando...
    You won't be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I got a couple of questions Ritchey_Dave....
    The Fat Commando... when ? and will it stick with the 170mm rear end ?
    The Swiss Disc.... when? Will sell my Crux to complete the set
    Got any old plexus/p21/23/niti that can come to Australia ? No one has one to sell me here... no one....

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Erhar View Post
    Any news about the new cx fork from ritchey? I thought that by now it should have arrived.
    Yes, they're supposed to arrive at our warehouse any day now.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by bushrangermtb View Post
    I got a couple of questions Ritchey_Dave....
    The Fat Commando... when ? and will it stick with the 170mm rear end ?
    The Swiss Disc.... when? Will sell my Crux to complete the set
    Got any old plexus/p21/23/niti that can come to Australia ? No one has one to sell me here... no one....
    Glad to hear you're enjoying your Ritchey frames! The Commando should be available around October/November. The SwissCross Disc will be available around September.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

When will the amazing P-29er be updated?

Dear Dave,

First of all I just want to thank you for all your quick answers to us Ritchey enthusiasts. I could go on for quite a bit praising Ritchey frames and solutions and the passion you put in them. But to keep it short... Last summer you teased us with an updated version of the P-29er (I attached you two pics of) which did not have the sliding dropouts but was for geared drivetrains only. Now I love the current P-29er (which I proudly own), but I can't wait to have that updated version as well... It was almost the same as the original P-29er, probably with the dropouts being the only difference. Please don't tell me that you ditch the plan to bring that out (), cause it was awesome! Thanks in advance for your time.

Enjoy the ride.

BK

Ritchey Rep here to answer all you questions-large_ritchey-17-2014.jpgRitchey Rep here to answer all you questions-ritchey-p29cr-classic-ritchey-colours.jpg

Ritchey Design Rep
    You more than welcome!

As far as the frame, we haven't ditched the plan, but I can't talk about it just yet. Give me another month or two.

Glad you're enjoying your frame!
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Ritchey_dave,

I am currently in the market for a Ritchey p-29 frame and looking to build one up. But i cant decide on a size. I am between 5'-11" and 6' with a 30-31 inseam. I currently have a large frame in the new 2015 cannondale trigger with 650b wheels. What do you think?

Peder_G

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Yes, they're supposed to arrive at our warehouse any day now.
    Any news?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Dear Dave,

I am purchasing a new bike and have decided to make some upgrades before taking the bike out from the bikeshop.

On of the ups is regarding the handlebar. I choose a Ritchey Superlogic x2 Carbon Fiber handlebar (SuperLogic Carbon 2X Mountain Bar) that, at that moment, seems to be the right choice due to the well known brand quality.

Well, I am 35 years old, 90 kg, 1.87 m tall, and very concerned with safety, mainly regarding the handlebar. Searching at the internet I found an evaluation of various carbon fibers handlebars and I was terrified with the results obtained by Ritchey product.

You should know the article I am talking about (http://www.syntace.com/download/pdf/...es_engl_LQ.pdf).

This test was performed not to long ago. My doubt is the following: based on my body characteristics, should I use the supersonic handlebar with no fear or should I move to other brand/material?

Just to let you know, my bike is a Scott 29er, carbon fiber frame, Rockshox SID fork and Syncrous FL 1.5 stem.

Look forward to hearing you soon.

Regards,

Vanderlei

Ps.: Sorry for my bad english, I am brazilian and wrote it in a hurry without revision

db9
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

New question here. Ritchey Saddles - shape description

Hello Ritchey_dave...

Looking at the saddle offerings from Ritchey

Could you describe the different models and their shape ie. flat front to back - curved side to side etc.

Looking for something that is somewhat flat side to side with a bit of wave front to back.

Thanks for the support

Ritchey Design Rep
    Straight side to side, with a slight wave front to back, is without question our Contrail saddles. Try one out, they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by vmscotti View Post
    Dear Dave,

I am purchasing a new bike and have decided to make some upgrades before taking the bike out from the bikeshop.

On of the ups is regarding the handlebar. I choose a Ritchey Superlogic x2 Carbon Fiber handlebar (SuperLogic Carbon 2X Mountain Bar) that, at that moment, seems to be the right choice due to the well known brand quality.

Well, I am 35 years old, 90 kg, 1.87 m tall, and very concerned with safety, mainly regarding the handlebar. Searching at the internet I found an evaluation of various carbon fibers handlebars and I was terrified with the results obtained by Ritchey product.

You should know the article I am talking about (http://www.syntace.com/download/pdf/...es_engl_LQ.pdf).

This test was performed not to long ago. My doubt is the following: based on my body characteristics, should I use the supersonic handlebar with no fear or should I move to other brand/material?

Just to let you know, my bike is a Scott 29er, carbon fiber frame, Rockshox SID fork and Syncrous FL 1.5 stem.

Look forward to hearing you soon.

Regards,

Vanderlei

Ps.: Sorry for my bad english, I am brazilian and wrote it in a hurry without revision
    Forwarded this to our product development to team to take a look at, and maybe respond. I don't deal with the testing of our products but I do deal with the US warranties, and I can tell you our warranty department literally sees zero warranties of those bars breaking. Zero. Over-clamping and crashing are one thing, but as far as just riding along, nothing. Ride Ritchey products with confidence.
    Dave Law

db9
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Dave, thanks for the support.. enjoy the products

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I am loving my P-650b:

Ritchey Rep here to answer all you questions-20140601_133454_zps485aa7cd.jpg

Kind of sad that I missed out on the newer frames with the tapered head-tubes, this was the one thing that made me hold out so long on buying (because I knew choices were limited). I wouldn't take it back since I have been riding my bike (not waiting on next year's model). Do you know if the new frame will be offered in multiple colors? Or if the colors in the US will be different than Europe? Also, will the P29r be offered with traditional dropouts in the US?

Just found the following pictures on Bikeradar.com ( Ritchey 2015: new bars, stems, wheels and more from Eurobike - BikeRadar )

2015 P-650b from Eurobike 2014:

Ritchey Rep here to answer all you questions-1409209746338-8eejpw8y2n0t-700-80.jpg

Tapered headtube:

Ritchey Rep here to answer all you questions-1409209746361-f4xlexvawvqk-700-80.jpg

2015 P-29r from Eurobike 2014:

Ritchey Rep here to answer all you questions-1409209746370-1dhagxu1gyzcs-700-80.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    what kind of steel is used to make thep-29 frame. The website says proprietary, but is it similar to 4130, 831, OX plat? Thanks.

Jv

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast