Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Hi Ritchey
    A question from Denmark ☺️
    I am about to buy a swiss cross canti and have found out that you have changed the color from red/white to just red with white text. When did you do that and is there any changes on the frameset ?
    Cheers
    Michael Gravlund

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by MikMak View Post
    Hi Ritchey
    A question from Denmark ☺️
    I am about to buy a swiss cross canti and have found out that you have changed the color from red/white to just red with white text. When did you do that and is there any changes on the frameset ?
    Cheers
    Michael Gravlund
    The frame did change from the white paneled version to the red paneled version, however for the next iteration of the Swiss Cross Canti, we will be going back to the white panel again, and giving the frame some wider tire clearance.
    Cheers
    Nyk
    Ritchey Design Representative

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Guy View Post
    The frame did change from the white paneled version to the red paneled version, however for the next iteration of the Swiss Cross Canti, we will be going back to the white panel again, and giving the frame some wider tire clearance.
    Cheers
    That sounds interesting with the new clearance. Would that be up to 2" tires ?

Ritchey Design Rep
    That sounds interesting with the new clearance. Would that be up to 2" tires ?
    It should be able to comfortable fit a 700x40c.
    Cheers
    Nyk

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    It should be able to comfortable fit a 700x40c.
    Cheers
    And what is the clearance for the frameset that is on the market today ?

Ritchey Design Rep
    And what is the clearance for the frameset that is on the market today ?
    I think the current frames maxes out at about a 35 if I remember correctly.
    Nyk

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I think the current frames maxes out at about a 35 if I remember correctly.
    Thanks for your answers 👍🏻. I am about to start my Ritchey project with the swiss cross disc. It is a pure beauty 😄

MattyK
    Apr 2009

Min Steerer Tube Length - Medium P-29er

Hey Dave,
    I was wondering what the minimum steerer tube length is for your Medium P29er frameset, including the most minimul headset combo you guys make.
    I was hoping to grab a p29er frameset and transfer all my current parts on it and I have a pretty chopped steerer tube; 6.75" not including crown race.
    Cheers,
    Matt

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Hi Dave
    I have the cross breakaway and love it. I was thinking about getting the Ascent breakaway. Would it be possible to build it up with a suspension front fork after purchase?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi Dave,
    I sold my beloved P-650b to one of the boys on our High School Race Team. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Timber Wolf frame and have a headset question. The specs say 1 1/8 - 1 1/2 drop in but I don't see one on the Ritchey website. Can you give me the appropriate part # please ? Thank You,
    Blair Pike

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Cheers
    Ritchey Guy;

When will the new Swiss Cross frames be available for purchase, I want the wider tire clearance on a disc Swiss Cross. Thanks

mtbr member
    Hi there,
    Same question as an earlier poster, anything like a 2,8 (plus tire) fit in the the timberwolf?
    great looking frame!
    cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hi, I have the same question as above. When will the Cross Discs with wider tire clearances be available? The website still says 35, but above you mentioned the new ones will have room for 40.
    Thanks much!
    Tom

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    I would like to get a Ritchey Bullmoose bar for my 1981 Mt. McKinley any idea where to look or would Tom make me one?
    Thanks
    Mick

Prof.
    Jan 2012

P-29er Sliders Creaking

I purchased a Ritchey P-29er two years ago and every since I have been chasing a creaking sound. After two very frustrating years I have finally traced the sound to the sliders. I have lubed them, adjusted the position, cleaned the paint from the contact surfaces, and updated the bolts and added paragon double washers to better distribute clamping pressure. Each time the sound is better for approximately 3 miles then the sound returns. I am very frustrated and if this cannot be rectified I am going to get rid of the frame and go a different direction entirely. Any advice??

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    How big a fork can be run on the P-29er, wihtout affecting it's ride too much? I am considering parting out my XC/trail dualy and would like to salvage the RS Pike 130mm, which I can reduce to 120mm.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678