Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I think our Ritchey Rep has disappeared.
    Anyway for those who need to know, Q156 crank will fit on a Ritchey P29er

mtbr member
    does anyone have experience with the alloy WCS vantage wheels preferably 29er but ill take what i can get because there doesnt seem to be alot of info on them

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniR View Post
    Hi Dave,

What is the recommended torque for the WCS Trail Carbon Link Seat Post saddle clamp?

I am not sure if I'm blind, but could'nt find it from the instructions...
    Whoops. I've been sleeping on the job. 16Nm
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by george7117 View Post
    Hi Dave,

For the P-650B, what fork axle to crown measurement is meant to go with that posted geo chart? In other words, what forks are made to fit that frame? 26, newer 27.5?

Also, what is the BB height of the frame built up? (I realize tires and other things make a difference, just a ballpark would be nice.) Thanks-

DG
    DG,
    The P-650B is designed for forks with 100mm of travel. Some brands make forks that are interchangeable between 650B and 26, those will work. Also 650B/27.5 specific forks will work as well. Sorry for the late reply.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Turner View Post
    Hi Dave, what is the rear dropout spacing on a 2013 Swiss Cross? 130mm or 135mm? Thanks!
    The spacing is 130mm
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by g-t- View Post
    Hi Dave just picked up a WCS carbon fork with post mount disc tabs and having a hard time setting up the front brake.

Brakes are hope mini an the rotor tabs touch the tabs ( i9 hub ) so tried a solid 160 ( not floating ) and that clears barely but the caliper sits weird on it. Any ideas ? Didn't want to switch brakes but thought I ask first.

Thx
    If you haven't already, take it back to where you bought it and have them contact us for a warranty evaluation.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by red bank rider View Post
    Hi Ritchey Dave,
    I'm considering to go SRAM XX crankset on my P29er. Can the P29er handle Qfactor 156 for all double chainring sizes up front?
    What XX or XO FD do you recommend for the P29er? High mount, low mount? Obviously Top-Pull.
    Yes, it will handle all chainring sizes with 156 Q Factor.

I suggest a low mount for your front derailleur.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Dave - any updates on the availability of the new carbon CX disc fork (non-tapered)?

Also - Swiss-Cross in a disc version? Please tell me that it's in the works!

Schmed
    2001 Turner O2 XC
    2012 IndyFab Planet Cross CX
    2013 Kona Raijin SS

Ritchey Design Rep
    We're expecting the Carbon CX Disc forks around February.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    My understanding of the 650b frame is that it has a straight 1 1/8 headset. I may be able to find a fork if I REAAALLLY search, but in 5 years I think that finding a replacement would be nearly impossible. Are there plans to add a tapered head tube to the frame??

Ritchey Design Rep
    Strangely enough, there are more brands coming out with straight tube 650b forks every year, so I don't know if in 5 years you'll be out of luck. At this rate you'll have more choices.

As far as a tapered head tube version coming out soon, I'm unfortunately not privy to that kind of info.

Quote Originally Posted by Snopro440 View Post
    My understanding of the 650b frame is that it has a straight 1 1/8 headset. I may be able to find a fork if I REAAALLLY search, but in 5 years I think that finding a replacement would be nearly impossible. Are there plans to add a tapered head tube to the frame??
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Is it ok to use a Superlogic stem on a 29er cx mtn bike? Thank you.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by g-bike View Post
    Is it ok to use a Superlogic stem on a 29er cx mtn bike? Thank you.
    No problem!
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    We're expecting the Carbon CX Disc forks around February.
    So, around February, huh?

Hey look - it's February!

CX Disc fork coming soon?

Schmed
    2001 Turner O2 XC
    2013 Kona Raijin SS

Ritchey Design Rep
    I said "expecting"...

Unfortunately they're a little delayed. ETA TBD
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    hey ritchey_dave,
    New to this site but a looong time Ritchey rider/owner/loyalist - my bought my 1st Ritchey in '84. I met Tom in '03 at the Clif Bar Epiphany Ride. I'd say I rode with him but that was really not the case...

I am just building my 2nd Swiss Cross (pix of 1st below) after selling it (why, I'll never know...) last spring to build my P-650b. I missed it so much I just bought another frame and I am converting most of my CX parts over.

My question: I have discovered a crack in the paint in the top tube of my P-650b! About 3/4 of an in back from forward most cable braze-on. Paint is cracked about 1/3 way around the tube. I have returned it to my local shop (and back to that NORthern bike CO) for warranty review (they have a frame in my size and I fully expect them to take care of it) but I am curious if there have been other similar cracks in the steel P-650b frames? Possibly related to the carbon rigid forks? Early production issues? Other ideas?

I recco this is a tough thing to comment on and I am not switching brands - just looking for some possible insight.

[/URL]

[/URL]
    Last edited by mctee; 02-06-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: detail added

Ritchey Design Rep
    [QUOTE=mctee;10984804]hey ritchey_dave,
    New to this site but a looong time Ritchey rider/owner/loyalist - my bought my 1st Ritchey in '84. I met Tom in '03 at the Clif Bar Epiphany Ride. I'd say I rode with him but that was really not the case...

I am just building my 2nd Swiss Cross (pix of 1st below) after selling it (why, I'll never know...) last spring to build my P-650b. I missed it so much I just bought another frame and I am converting most of my CX parts over.

My question: I have discovered a crack in the paint in the top tube of my P-650b! About 3/4 of an in back from forward most cable braze-on. Paint is cracked about 1/3 way around the tube. I have returned it to my local shop (and back to that NORthern bike CO) for warranty review (they have a frame in my size and I fully expect them to take care of it) but I am curious if there have been other similar cracks in the steel P-650b frames? Possibly related to the carbon rigid forks? Early production issues? Other ideas?

I recco this is a tough thing to comment on and I am not switching brands - just looking for some possible insight.
    QUOTE]

Great looking bikes! Glad to hear you enjoyed that Swisscross so much. As far as the crack, I sit next to Ritchey's Warranty Manager and he's like the Maytag repair man. The few calls he does take are typically shipping damage. Of course with anything you'll occasionally have issues but we have not seen a regular thing with frames cracking. We have a good number of employees riding P-650b frames and the majority of them have rigid forks and none of them have had any cracking. So get that one squared away and ride with confidence.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Thanks for the quick response, ritchey_dave. I dropped by my local shop just before they closed tonight and local west coast CDN dist has already shipped the replacement frame. Shop will have it tomorrow!

The Dist Rep was apparently in earlier today and was checking out / drooling over my new Swiss Cross which is 95% complete. Looks like I'll be able to pick up TWO new Ritchey's before the weekend!

This wasn't shipping damage as I have been riding it for 6 months. No other options considered, tho. All my bikes are steel and after having owned and ridden several high end carbon and al road and mtn bikes, I always come back to steel. And Ritchey's, it seems.

Its amazing how many looks and questions my P-650b gets on the trails. Riders always check this thing out and its amazing how many riders have never ridden (or seen!) a full rigid bike or a bike that weights 20lbs (they missed the early 90's, I guess)!

The CX bike I just retired is a 1991 Brodie Romax tange boat anchor but man I loved that bike. It did everything: CX racer / mtn bike (I love freaking out all the fully padded up free-riders in my full road lycra on a fendered cx bike at local rides!) / winter roadie bike / commuter.
    The Swiss Cross handles so much better and I am really looking forward to ripping trails on it!

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by mctee View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, ritchey_dave. I dropped by my local shop just before they closed tonight and local west coast CDN dist has already shipped the replacement frame. Shop will have it tomorrow!

The Dist Rep was apparently in earlier today and was checking out / drooling over my new Swiss Cross which is 95% complete. Looks like I'll be able to pick up TWO new Ritchey's before the weekend!

This wasn't shipping damage as I have been riding it for 6 months. No other options considered, tho. All my bikes are steel and after having owned and ridden several high end carbon and al road and mtn bikes, I always come back to steel. And Ritchey's, it seems.

Its amazing how many looks and questions my P-650b gets on the trails. Riders always check this thing out and its amazing how many riders have never ridden (or seen!) a full rigid bike or a bike that weights 20lbs (they missed the early 90's, I guess)!

The CX bike I just retired is a 1991 Brodie Romax tange boat anchor but man I loved that bike. It did everything: CX racer / mtn bike (I love freaking out all the fully padded up free-riders in my full road lycra on a fendered cx bike at local rides!) / winter roadie bike / commuter.
    The Swiss Cross handles so much better and I am really looking forward to ripping trails on it!
    Man, you're our kind of guy mctee! Glad to have you out there representing us!
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Glad to see the new Swiss Cross is now disc!

New wheels, bars, stems, and frames from Ritchey - BikeRadar

Schmed
    2001 Turner O2 XC
    2013 Kona Raijin SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Ritchey_Dave,

Is there a torque spec for the P-29er's seat post clamp or is it all about the torque spec of the seat post?

Thanks!

Ritchey Design Rep
    In short, tight enough. A torque spec for something like that would be defined by the seatpost rather than the frame. Since everyone's seatpost makeup is different it's hard to give just one number. So tighten it up just till you can't move it with a hard shove and you'll be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ123 View Post
    Ritchey_Dave,

Is there a torque spec for the P-29er's seat post clamp or is it all about the torque spec of the seat post?

Thanks!
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Hi Dave,

according to the ritcheylogic.com the P-29 frame has sliding dropouts, while on the next photo it has definitely normal/vertical dropouts - in addition that frame has the wcs colors on the seattube in contrast to the photos on ritcheylogic.com

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb10035908/p5pb10035908.jpg

Could you please clarify that differences?

I think more people would buy the P-29 if it was available with the standard vertical dropouts..

Thank you

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I believe you're confusing the P-29er with the P-650B.

Quote Originally Posted by zmajor View Post
    Hi Dave,

according to the ritcheylogic.com the P-29 frame has sliding dropouts, while on the next photo it has definitely normal/vertical dropouts - in addition that frame has the wcs colors on the seattube in contrast to the photos on ritcheylogic.com

Could you please clarify that differences?

I think more people would buy the P-29 if it was available with the standard vertical dropouts..

Thank you

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

check the text on the toptube: "P-29er"
    check the droput: vertical! - not the "sliding" one

Quote Originally Posted by LJ123 View Post
    I believe you're confusing the P-29er with the P-650B.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast