Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by kaipaki348 View Post
    Question for Ritchey Dave.

Got a P-29er frame and built it up. Awesome to ride and race. Raced it tonight and won the masters and 3rd overall against cat 1.

I'm running a Rtchey WCS 27.2 seatpost but it is really loose in the frame and keeps slipping down. Looking at the frame, the seat tube splays out from the clamp and then goes narrow again below where the seat stays join. Is it meant to do this? Tried other 27.2 seatposts and they all seem loose. Appreciate your help.

Cheers
    Nice job on the race! Any pics of you crossing that finish line?

As far as the seat tube, it should look like that but it shouldn't be slipping. I recommend bringing it back to the shop you bought it from and having them take a look. If they can't figure it out, have them call us. We'll make sure you get things proper.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePluvial View Post
    Hi
    I just realized the used bike I bought 20 years ago is a Ritchey and would like to find out the year and model. Serial # 19E8. It looks like a 1987 Timberlake. Can you help?
    Check out Oldmountainbikes.com, they have an extremely comprehensive database of old Ritcheys.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Are there any plans to expand the Ritchey Classic line to include to mountain riser bars? I love that you are making high quality road gear in polished silver as an option instead of the normal black/white that is too commonplace.

Any plans to redesign the seatpost to allow for independent fore/aft and tilt adjustments? Not a big deal but something most other designs offer.
    There are no plans at the moment, but it's definitely something to look into. The Classic line has been a much bigger hit than we'd originally thought it to be.

Funny you should ask about redesigning the seatpost, we have a pretty cool concept that should be hitting the market soon.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    Any chance of the Plexus coming back as a 650B or 29er? An XX1 Plexus would be pretty cool.
    I'm with you on that one! The popularity of our frames has been a huge surprise. As a result there's all sorts of talk about various model names and concepts to revitalize. Unfortunately, I can't talk about any of it yet.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Serial # Info

Oldmountainbikes.com[/URL], they have an extremely comprehensive database of old Ritcheys.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I found some info. Great resource!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hi Dave,
    I mentioned ages ago the possibility of ordering a 26" P-Team frame and decided against that as a special order just seemed too hard.

I am now looking at the P-29er and wondering on size. I am 170cm with an inseam of 81.5cm, normally ride 17" mtb with 100mm stem and 54cm road with reach of 54cm. Mtb reach is around 56cm.

My concern with all 29er hardtail frames is standover height.
    All I have tried feel great in M size but alas, no standover clearance.

Is a small P-29er frame going to suit me as most of my bikes (MTB) are about the same TT length give ot take 5mm.

I realise you are not a fan of recommending sizes here, just after some advice as without some standover clearance I really think this could endanger my nether regions

Thanks in advance Dave
    Shane

Ritchey Design Rep
    If the actual top tube length (560mm) works for you I think you should be fine with a small. Just make sure you get a long seatpost (400mm or more).
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks Dave, will compare some more measurements and see how I go

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I'd like to run a Rohloff out back....can I replace the nondrive side slider with a paragon rohloff slider?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by glenndandy View Post
    I'd like to run a Rohloff out back....can I replace the nondrive side slider with a paragon rohloff slider?
    We haven't tried this, but based on the similarities between our dropouts and Paragon's, I believe it'd work.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    I'm 6'1" Which P-275 might you advise 19 or 21?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by SkatesCool View Post
    I'm 6'1" Which P-275 might you advise 19 or 21?
    I wish I could give you an easy answer but frame size is dependent on a lot of variables. If you're not sure I'd suggest consulting with your local bike shop or bike fitter who knows your personal measurements, riding preferences, and the components you plan on using. These things all play a huge role in what frame size you pick. Good luck and thanks for choosing a Ritchey.
    Dave Law

Over the Hill
    Dave, what does WCS mean and why is it used everywhere?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Club Mud View Post
    Dave, what does WCS mean and why is it used everywhere?
    WCS stands for World Championship Series. We're proud to say many have won the World Championships on bikes equiped with Ritchey components. This is why we use it to denote our top tier line of products. Lastly, it's used everywhere because it's the best!
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hi Dave,

So I bought a Superlogic Flat 10D hbar, and want pair it with a C260 stem but I can't seem to put it in properly. Is there a method to put it in without damaging the bar?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
    Hi Dave,

So I bought a Superlogic Flat 10D hbar, and want pair it with a C260 stem but I can't seem to put it in properly. Is there a method to put it in without damaging the bar?
    It can get a little tight at the bulge bend. Take it slow with the body of the stem on the outside of the bend. If it's still too tight, a little light sanding of the edges of the stem clamp usually is all it takes to get it on.

Hope this helps.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    thanks, Dave... will try that. cheers!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    It can get a little tight at the bulge bend. Take it slow with the body of the stem on the outside of the bend. If it's still too tight, a little light sanding of the edges of the stem clamp usually is all it takes to get it on.

Hope this helps.
    thanks, Dave... will try that. cheers!
    Hey Dave,

I tried sliding the stem down the middle of the bar, stem body outside the bulge but it still won't go any further without possibly scratching the bar surface. Is there a video somewhere on how to install it? I tried searching and all I could find was the C260 and a road handlebar.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Hey Dave,

I tried sliding the stem down the middle of the bar, stem body outside the bulge but it still won't go any further without possibly scratching the bar surface. Is there a video somewhere on how to install it? I tried searching and all I could find was the C260 and a road handlebar.
    Hmmm, if you've tried both the things mentioned above, you might want to bring it back to the shop to have them take a look. It shouldn't be that hard to get it installed.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    thanks.. think I'll leave this with the mechanic.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hi Dave,

What is the recommended torque for the WCS Trail Carbon Link Seat Post saddle clamp?

I am not sure if I'm blind, but could'nt find it from the instructions...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hi Dave,

For the P-650B, what fork axle to crown measurement is meant to go with that posted geo chart? In other words, what forks are made to fit that frame? 26, newer 27.5?

Also, what is the BB height of the frame built up? (I realize tires and other things make a difference, just a ballpark would be nice.) Thanks-

DG

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Hi Dave, what is the rear dropout spacing on a 2013 Swiss Cross? 130mm or 135mm? Thanks!

Living Life Behind Bars..
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    Hi All!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the spokesperson here at Ritchey Design USA and I'd like to invite anyone who has any questions or comments about our products to post them here on the Ritchey / Syncros Forum. I'll do my best to respond and help you understand the vast array of bicycle components we have to offer.

Here at Ritchey we all ride and are extremely passionate and proud of everything we produce. Please don't be shy. Let us know what you think!

Dave
    Hi Dave just picked up a WCS carbon fork with post mount disc tabs and having a hard time setting up the front brake.

Brakes are hope mini an the rotor tabs touch the tabs ( i9 hub ) so tried a solid 160 ( not floating ) and that clears barely but the caliper sits weird on it. Any ideas ? Didn't want to switch brakes but thought I ask first.

Thx

mtbr member
    Hi Ritchey Dave,
    I'm considering to go SRAM XX crankset on my P29er. Can the P29er handle Qfactor 156 for all double chainring sizes up front?
    What XX or XO FD do you recommend for the P29er? High mount, low mount? Obviously Top-Pull.

Thanks

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast