Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Dave, Any disc road/cross forks in the works?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by kaipaki348 View Post
    Hi Dave
    Awesome having this resource to answer question!
    Sorry but a roadie question first.
    Am really keen on the new road logic frame set but wondering about size. I'm 189cm tall and typically ride a 58cm frame but see the road logic comes in either 57 or 59. Wondering what frame size I should go for and whether there's a pic of a 59cm road logic built up??
    Also keen to get a p275 (they look amazing), what frame size would you recommend.
    Thanks
    JT
    I'm glad to hear we hit on the mark for you on not one but two frames this year! As far as frame sizing, I'm always hesitant to make any suggestions over this forum regarding that. There are so many variables to take into consideration that while a 59 fits great for Angelo, our Marketing Manager and his Fausto Coppi legs, my stubby legs prefer a 57, and we're the same height! I suggest you talk to your bike shop, they'll know based on your measurements, riding style, and components group, what size frames will be ideal.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by BShow View Post
    Dave, Any disc road/cross forks in the works?
    Yes...and that's unfortunately all I can say right now.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    I'm glad to hear we hit on the mark for you on not one but two frames this year! As far as frame sizing, I'm always hesitant to make any suggestions over this forum regarding that. There are so many variables to take into consideration that while a 59 fits great for Angelo, our Marketing Manager and his Fausto Coppi legs, my stubby legs prefer a 57, and we're the same height! I suggest you talk to your bike shop, they'll know based on your measurements, riding style, and components group, what size frames will be ideal.
    Thanks Dave. Any chance of posting pics of the 57 and 59 built up?? Also just realised that this should be in the roadie forums. Apologies for that. Cheers

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by kaipaki348 View Post
    Thanks Dave. Any chance of posting pics of the 57 and 59 built up?? Also just realised that this should be in the roadie forums. Apologies for that. Cheers
    Unfortunately we only have photos of the 55 built up.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Ritchey_dave, very interested in the p275 Frame any idea on what the timeline is on release of this frame?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by derrgti View Post
    Ritchey_dave, very interested in the p275 Frame any idea on what the timeline is on release of this frame?
    They should be available around the middle of December.
    Dave Law

Custom User Title
    Feb 2005
    Hi Dave,

two questions concerning the new tandem (DoubleSwitchback). Can you say anything concerning availability? And: Do you know about hub width? 135, 145, 160 mm?

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

G.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerolf View Post
    Hi Dave,

two questions concerning the new tandem (DoubleSwitchback). Can you say anything concerning availability? And: Do you know about hub width? 135, 145, 160 mm?

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

G.
    Availability will be limited as this is a pretty niche product. If you're pretty sure you want one I'd suggest placing a preorder with your shop.

The rear spacing is 135mm.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Dave

Quick question as I've been googling for this answer. What is the max tire clearance for the Swiss Cross?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hi Dave,

Is there a rider weight limit for new WCS Trail carbon seatpost?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by webmstrk9 View Post
    Dave

Quick question as I've been googling for this answer. What is the max tire clearance for the Swiss Cross?
    The limiting factor for the SwissCross is the frame, which handles up to 35mm, give or take a little depending on the manufacturer. The fork can handle up to 45mm.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniR View Post
    Hi Dave,

Is there a rider weight limit for new WCS Trail carbon seatpost?
    Tom Ritchey doesn't believe in producing products with weight limits.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    Tom Ritchey doesn't believe in producing products with weight limits.
    Thanks Dave, this was the answer I wanted to hear!
    I guess it is now clear, which brand my next seatpost will be

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hi Dave,

Been looking for the WCS Carbon Vantage II 29's. Really like that these are Centerlock, as I prefer it.

I can't seem to find any though, nor can I find any people that have actually ridden them/purchased them for feedback.

Can you give me some info? When available? Any sort of warranty?

Thanks

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jochribs View Post
    Been looking for the WCS Carbon Vantage II 29's. Really like that these are Centerlock, as I prefer it.

I can't seem to find any though, nor can I find any people that have actually ridden them/purchased them for feedback.

Can you give me some info? When available? Any sort of warranty?
    Of course I'm going to say they're great, but they really are great! Wide profile, bladderless monocoque constructed, tubeless ready rims. Industry standard (not quirky brand specific that you can't find anywhere) spokes lace these rims to reliable 6 pawl, 12-point micro-clutch engagement hubs (super fast engagement). The weight on these guys is pretty competitive as well. Not much info or reviews yet because they just hit the market a few weeks ago.

The warranty on them is the same as all our products, 1 year against manufacturer defects. However regardless of how old the product is our warranty manager assesses everything that comes our way and he's a pretty reasonable dude.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thank you Dave, that explains why feedback has been hard to find. I had thought that these wheels had been out for over a year at this point.

This might have been asked in the thread much earlier, but do the wheels come with the other hub fittings (15, 142 etc.)?

**also, will the wheels have a possible 135 x10 (thru) conversion as well?
    Last edited by jochribs; 12-08-2012 at 06:54 AM.

mtbr member
    What does Tom ride/race?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jochribs View Post
    Thank you Dave, that explains why feedback has been hard to find. I had thought that these wheels had been out for over a year at this point.

This might have been asked in the thread much earlier, but do the wheels come with the other hub fittings (15, 142 etc.)?

**also, will the wheels have a possible 135 x10 (thru) conversion as well?
    They will come setup for QR15mm for the front and standard 135x10 QR for the rear. The front can be converted to a standard QR, and the rear can be converted to a 142x12.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    What does Tom ride/race?
    Tom still rides 10,000 miles a year, and the majority of those miles are on a Ritchey Break Away road bike. He also logs a lot of miles on his prototype Ritchey Break Away tandem. In the past Tom’s been known to race on various Scott carbon mountain bikes due to Ritchey’s tight relationship with Thomas Frischknecht and the Scott Swisspower mountain bike team, but most recently he’s excited to race on his steel Ritchey P-650b.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Thank you. That's exactly what I was curious about. I've seen pictures of Tom on the Breakaway. I figured Scott would set him up with anything he wanted and I was going to ask if he was personally into the 650B thing or if he thought it was a smart business decision for Ritchey.
    A titanium 650B painted black like the road bike but with natural Ti. seat and chain stays would be something to think about. Just saying...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Question for Ritchey Dave.

Got a P-29er frame and built it up. Awesome to ride and race. Raced it tonight and won the masters and 3rd overall against cat 1.

I'm running a Rtchey WCS 27.2 seatpost but it is really loose in the frame and keeps slipping down. Looking at the frame, the seat tube splays out from the clamp and then goes narrow again below where the seat stays join. Is it meant to do this? Tried other 27.2 seatposts and they all seem loose. Appreciate your help.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi
    I just realized the used bike I bought 20 years ago is a Ritchey and would like to find out the year and model. Serial # 19E8. It looks like a 1987 Timberlake. Can you help?

mtbr member
    Are there any plans to expand the Ritchey Classic line to include to mountain riser bars? I love that you are making high quality road gear in polished silver as an option instead of the normal black/white that is too commonplace.

Any plans to redesign the seatpost to allow for independent fore/aft and tilt adjustments? Not a big deal but something most other designs offer.

mtbr member
    Any chance of the Plexus coming back as a 650B or 29er? An XX1 Plexus would be pretty cool.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast