Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks for the reply! Any idea what msrp will be for the wheelset?

Ritchey Design Rep
    No problem! MSRP will be $1,999.95.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Proper torque for a Ritchey Breakaway Ti cross- What should the seat cluster frame bolt and the seat post binder bolt be torqued to? If it matters, I am running a Ritchey WCS carbon fiber one bolt seatpost. Thanks.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnradsem View Post
    Proper torque for a Ritchey Breakaway Ti cross- What should the seat cluster frame bolt and the seat post binder bolt be torqued to? If it matters, I am running a Ritchey WCS carbon fiber one bolt seatpost. Thanks.
    Keep it between 5-8 Nm and you should be good.
    Dave Law

BE the suspension!
    Feb 2012
    Hi Dave -

I found a Ritchey frame and fork that has "P 0188" serial number. It's white. I haven't been able to find a serial number like this (or a white Comp or P23) in any of the databases or old catalogs. The sticker indicates Logic Prestige tubing, and it has another sticker that says World Champions 89-91-92. So I'm guessing it's a 93 or 94? Any idea how I would tell the year? Is it a Tom Ritchey-worked frame or full-on import?

Thanks!
    Last edited by treethumper; 02-23-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Unfortunately we here at Ritchey were really bad about keeping old catalogs and records of that stuff. Your best bet would be to talk to the folks at oldmountainbikes.com or First Flight Bicycles.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hey dave,
    I have a 110mm Ritchey comp stem on my 29er, and due to my size (5'4")' it is tad too long. I was wondering why there is no short one like 40 to 50mm comp in the market. would the company makes one? I have seen other companies making one, but rather to stay with Ritchey ( I have stem,bar, and seat post made by Ritchey).

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by memi View Post
    Hey dave,
    I have a 110mm Ritchey comp stem on my 29er, and due to my size (5'4")' it is tad too long. I was wondering why there is no short one like 40 to 50mm comp in the market. would the company makes one? I have seen other companies making one, but rather to stay with Ritchey ( I have stem,bar, and seat post made by Ritchey).
    I wish we could produce every size like that across the board. Unfortunately, as a business, we have to look at the sizes that the majority of people need. And, up until recently with the rising popularity of the 29er, sizes between 80 and 130mm was more than adequate. People needing much larger or smaller would move up or down a size frame accordingly. However, as you've obviously noticed, 29ers change that a bit, especially if you're 5'4".

We have some other options that could work for you and get you in a similar position as putting a 50mm stem on, but as I always say, when dealing with fit and changing around component angles and sizes, it's best to consult a professional at a bike shop or bike fit studio.

That said, you'd mentioned that you have a 110mm now, and it's only a tad too long. Going from a 110 to a 50 or 40mm stem is not only a drastic change in position, but also in how your bike will ride. If it only feels a little off currently, then maybe you only need a small change like a 90 or 80mm stem (which we make in a Comp level). Some shops will let you try out a size or two before you buy. It's worth taking advantage of if they offer it.

Fit is a complicated beast, good luck.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Hey Dave!

I'm looking at Ritchey Superlogic MTB clincher wheels. Very nice, light and even cheap! Two questions about them:

1. They are not officialy tubeless ready, but it seems that tubeless conversion is done very easy. Am I right?

2. Is rear hub convertible to anything else than 135x9? If I'm not mistaken, those are DT Swiss hubs, and all DT Swiss hubs are convertible to different axles, except DT180/190.
    ~ Too weird to live, too rare to die ~

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hi there,, quick question to the P-29 frame:

Anyone know how Ritchey has measured the 70 degree head tube angle?
    Which fork length was been used?
    I assume 100mm, but compressed with sag (around??? 20mm?) or not?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Gentle ping to @ritchey_dave regarding the measured geometrie of the P-29:
    Would be great to know which fork height axle-crown was being used for the geometry chart?
    In addition which chain lines does the P-29 frame support? 46/48/50mm?

mtbr member

P-29er

Wondering if there is any update as to when these frames will make it to Australian shores? Had it on order for a while now and that dream I had of having it under the christmas tree is long gone. Can't wait to get the big wheels rolling but it's a bit of a challenge without the frame.

Cheers

swag ho Administrator
    Ritchey_Dave, how do I pull a good shot of espresso?

fc

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by evil zlayo View Post
    Hey Dave!

I'm looking at Ritchey Superlogic MTB clincher wheels. Very nice, light and even cheap! Two questions about them:

1. They are not officialy tubeless ready, but it seems that tubeless conversion is done very easy. Am I right?

2. Is rear hub convertible to anything else than 135x9? If I'm not mistaken, those are DT Swiss hubs, and all DT Swiss hubs are convertible to different axles, except DT180/190.
    1. Yeah, they're not officially tubeless ready but with something like a Stan's kit they can easily be converted.

2. I hear there is a 142x12 conversion kit available to us to produce, however we currently don't. DT Swiss might make one that works but I don't know for sure.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by omega1848 View Post
    Hi there,, quick question to the P-29 frame:

Anyone know how Ritchey has measured the 70 degree head tube angle?
    Which fork length was been used?
    I assume 100mm, but compressed with sag (around??? 20mm?) or not?
    The 70 degrees refers to the the angle of the headtube in relation to the floor with a 100mm travel fork installed. No sag or compression taken into consideration.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Learner View Post
    Wondering if there is any update as to when these frames will make it to Australian shores? Had it on order for a while now and that dream I had of having it under the christmas tree is long gone. Can't wait to get the big wheels rolling but it's a bit of a challenge without the frame.

Cheers
    Your local bike shop should be able to special order one from our Australian distributor.

Dirt Works Australia
    Phone: + 61 2 9679 8400
    Fax: + 61 2 9679 8411
    URL: Dirt Works Australia - ride with us
    Email: ritchey@dirtworks.com.au

You can contact them to find out where you might get one too.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Ritchey_Dave, how do I pull a good shot of espresso?

fc
    Well, I only know how to pull a perfect espresso shot. And that's really more of a gift than a skill.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Thanks for the fast response Dave but the frame has already been ordered (Sept 2011). Just wondering when you expect them to ship as you stated they'd ship in a few weeks a few weeks ago.

I hear the delay is because rather than manufacture them in Taiwan you now have Tom madly welding away to get them completed and you can't rush perfection

As for the perfect espresso shot a bit of Chris King Precision helps there (but seeing as I don't have 10 posts yet I can't post the link - vimeo video 28895374)

Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    Your local bike shop should be able to special order one from our Australian distributor.

You can contact them to find out where you might get one too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Torque for WCS carbon one bolt seat post

Quote Originally Posted by mtnradsem View Post
    By the way, what is the proper torque on the one bolt WCS carbon seatpost saddle clamping mechanism? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Never mind, I see the clamp is marked with 12 nm.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Thanks for the fast response Dave but the frame has already been ordered (Sept 2011). Just wondering when you expect them to ship as you stated they'd ship in a few weeks a few weeks ago.

I hear the delay is because rather than manufacture them in Taiwan you now have Tom madly welding away to get them completed and you can't rush perfection

As for the perfect espresso shot a bit of Chris King Precision helps there (but seeing as I don't have 10 posts yet I can't post the link - vimeo video 28895374)
    That's one of my favorite Chris King components! We totally have one here and they do actually make an espresso shot taste better, don't ask me how.

As far as your frame, yes, Tom is tirelessly welding away to try and keep up with demand

Actually, it's hard to say what's going on with your order from our US office over here as our European office deals with that part of the world. If you feeling like you're getting the run around by your shop I'd check with the distributor.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    hey ritchety_dave, thanks for the heads up on excelsports online dealer - they were great and my P29 will be in my garage very soon.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by redvtwin2 View Post
    hey ritchety_dave, thanks for the heads up on excelsports online dealer - they were great and my P29 will be in my garage very soon.
    Awesome! You'll love it, can't wait to hear your feedback!
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Thanks Dave,

Contacted DirtWorks previously but thought I'd go straight to the source first since I saw you on the forum.

Cheers

Ritchey Design Rep
    Thanks Dave,

Contacted DirtWorks previously but thought I'd go straight to the source first since I saw you on the forum.

Cheers
    I would be the source for the US, Dirt Works is your guy for Australia though.
    Dave Law

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast