Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 344
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,108
    Dave, Any disc road/cross forks in the works?

  2. #102
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by kaipaki348 View Post
    Hi Dave
    Awesome having this resource to answer question!
    Sorry but a roadie question first.
    Am really keen on the new road logic frame set but wondering about size. I'm 189cm tall and typically ride a 58cm frame but see the road logic comes in either 57 or 59. Wondering what frame size I should go for and whether there's a pic of a 59cm road logic built up??
    Also keen to get a p275 (they look amazing), what frame size would you recommend.
    Thanks
    JT
    I'm glad to hear we hit on the mark for you on not one but two frames this year! As far as frame sizing, I'm always hesitant to make any suggestions over this forum regarding that. There are so many variables to take into consideration that while a 59 fits great for Angelo, our Marketing Manager and his Fausto Coppi legs, my stubby legs prefer a 57, and we're the same height! I suggest you talk to your bike shop, they'll know based on your measurements, riding style, and components group, what size frames will be ideal.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  3. #103
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by BShow View Post
    Dave, Any disc road/cross forks in the works?
    Yes...and that's unfortunately all I can say right now.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    I'm glad to hear we hit on the mark for you on not one but two frames this year! As far as frame sizing, I'm always hesitant to make any suggestions over this forum regarding that. There are so many variables to take into consideration that while a 59 fits great for Angelo, our Marketing Manager and his Fausto Coppi legs, my stubby legs prefer a 57, and we're the same height! I suggest you talk to your bike shop, they'll know based on your measurements, riding style, and components group, what size frames will be ideal.
    Thanks Dave. Any chance of posting pics of the 57 and 59 built up?? Also just realised that this should be in the roadie forums. Apologies for that. Cheers

  5. #105
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by kaipaki348 View Post
    Thanks Dave. Any chance of posting pics of the 57 and 59 built up?? Also just realised that this should be in the roadie forums. Apologies for that. Cheers
    Unfortunately we only have photos of the 55 built up.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    146
    Ritchey_dave, very interested in the p275 Frame any idea on what the timeline is on release of this frame?

  7. #107
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by derrgti View Post
    Ritchey_dave, very interested in the p275 Frame any idea on what the timeline is on release of this frame?
    They should be available around the middle of December.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  8. #108
    Custom User Title
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35
    Hi Dave,

    two questions concerning the new tandem (DoubleSwitchback). Can you say anything concerning availability? And: Do you know about hub width? 135, 145, 160 mm?

    Any info would be great.

    Thanks,

    G.

  9. #109
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerolf View Post
    Hi Dave,

    two questions concerning the new tandem (DoubleSwitchback). Can you say anything concerning availability? And: Do you know about hub width? 135, 145, 160 mm?

    Any info would be great.

    Thanks,

    G.
    Availability will be limited as this is a pretty niche product. If you're pretty sure you want one I'd suggest placing a preorder with your shop.

    The rear spacing is 135mm.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    43
    Dave

    Quick question as I've been googling for this answer. What is the max tire clearance for the Swiss Cross?

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11
    Hi Dave,

    Is there a rider weight limit for new WCS Trail carbon seatpost?

  12. #112
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by webmstrk9 View Post
    Dave

    Quick question as I've been googling for this answer. What is the max tire clearance for the Swiss Cross?
    The limiting factor for the SwissCross is the frame, which handles up to 35mm, give or take a little depending on the manufacturer. The fork can handle up to 45mm.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  13. #113
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniR View Post
    Hi Dave,

    Is there a rider weight limit for new WCS Trail carbon seatpost?
    Tom Ritchey doesn't believe in producing products with weight limits.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    Tom Ritchey doesn't believe in producing products with weight limits.
    Thanks Dave, this was the answer I wanted to hear!
    I guess it is now clear, which brand my next seatpost will be

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    698
    Hi Dave,

    Been looking for the WCS Carbon Vantage II 29's. Really like that these are Centerlock, as I prefer it.

    I can't seem to find any though, nor can I find any people that have actually ridden them/purchased them for feedback.

    Can you give me some info? When available? Any sort of warranty?

    Thanks

  16. #116
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by jochribs View Post
    Been looking for the WCS Carbon Vantage II 29's. Really like that these are Centerlock, as I prefer it.

    I can't seem to find any though, nor can I find any people that have actually ridden them/purchased them for feedback.

    Can you give me some info? When available? Any sort of warranty?
    Of course I'm going to say they're great, but they really are great! Wide profile, bladderless monocoque constructed, tubeless ready rims. Industry standard (not quirky brand specific that you can't find anywhere) spokes lace these rims to reliable 6 pawl, 12-point micro-clutch engagement hubs (super fast engagement). The weight on these guys is pretty competitive as well. Not much info or reviews yet because they just hit the market a few weeks ago.

    The warranty on them is the same as all our products, 1 year against manufacturer defects. However regardless of how old the product is our warranty manager assesses everything that comes our way and he's a pretty reasonable dude.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    698
    Thank you Dave, that explains why feedback has been hard to find. I had thought that these wheels had been out for over a year at this point.

    This might have been asked in the thread much earlier, but do the wheels come with the other hub fittings (15, 142 etc.)?

    **also, will the wheels have a possible 135 x10 (thru) conversion as well?
    Last edited by jochribs; 12-08-2012 at 06:54 AM.

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation: limba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,939
    What does Tom ride/race?

  19. #119
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by jochribs View Post
    Thank you Dave, that explains why feedback has been hard to find. I had thought that these wheels had been out for over a year at this point.

    This might have been asked in the thread much earlier, but do the wheels come with the other hub fittings (15, 142 etc.)?

    **also, will the wheels have a possible 135 x10 (thru) conversion as well?
    They will come setup for QR15mm for the front and standard 135x10 QR for the rear. The front can be converted to a standard QR, and the rear can be converted to a 142x12.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  20. #120
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    What does Tom ride/race?
    Tom still rides 10,000 miles a year, and the majority of those miles are on a Ritchey Break Away road bike. He also logs a lot of miles on his prototype Ritchey Break Away tandem. In the past Tom’s been known to race on various Scott carbon mountain bikes due to Ritchey’s tight relationship with Thomas Frischknecht and the Scott Swisspower mountain bike team, but most recently he’s excited to race on his steel Ritchey P-650b.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation: limba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,939
    Thank you. That's exactly what I was curious about. I've seen pictures of Tom on the Breakaway. I figured Scott would set him up with anything he wanted and I was going to ask if he was personally into the 650B thing or if he thought it was a smart business decision for Ritchey.
    A titanium 650B painted black like the road bike but with natural Ti. seat and chain stays would be something to think about. Just saying...

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Question for Ritchey Dave.

    Got a P-29er frame and built it up. Awesome to ride and race. Raced it tonight and won the masters and 3rd overall against cat 1.

    I'm running a Rtchey WCS 27.2 seatpost but it is really loose in the frame and keeps slipping down. Looking at the frame, the seat tube splays out from the clamp and then goes narrow again below where the seat stays join. Is it meant to do this? Tried other 27.2 seatposts and they all seem loose. Appreciate your help.

    Cheers

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2
    Hi
    I just realized the used bike I bought 20 years ago is a Ritchey and would like to find out the year and model. Serial # 19E8. It looks like a 1987 Timberlake. Can you help?

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,268
    Are there any plans to expand the Ritchey Classic line to include to mountain riser bars? I love that you are making high quality road gear in polished silver as an option instead of the normal black/white that is too commonplace.

    Any plans to redesign the seatpost to allow for independent fore/aft and tilt adjustments? Not a big deal but something most other designs offer.

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation: limba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,939
    Any chance of the Plexus coming back as a 650B or 29er? An XX1 Plexus would be pretty cool.

  26. #126
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by kaipaki348 View Post
    Question for Ritchey Dave.

    Got a P-29er frame and built it up. Awesome to ride and race. Raced it tonight and won the masters and 3rd overall against cat 1.

    I'm running a Rtchey WCS 27.2 seatpost but it is really loose in the frame and keeps slipping down. Looking at the frame, the seat tube splays out from the clamp and then goes narrow again below where the seat stays join. Is it meant to do this? Tried other 27.2 seatposts and they all seem loose. Appreciate your help.

    Cheers
    Nice job on the race! Any pics of you crossing that finish line?

    As far as the seat tube, it should look like that but it shouldn't be slipping. I recommend bringing it back to the shop you bought it from and having them take a look. If they can't figure it out, have them call us. We'll make sure you get things proper.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  27. #127
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePluvial View Post
    Hi
    I just realized the used bike I bought 20 years ago is a Ritchey and would like to find out the year and model. Serial # 19E8. It looks like a 1987 Timberlake. Can you help?
    Check out Oldmountainbikes.com, they have an extremely comprehensive database of old Ritcheys.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  28. #128
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Are there any plans to expand the Ritchey Classic line to include to mountain riser bars? I love that you are making high quality road gear in polished silver as an option instead of the normal black/white that is too commonplace.

    Any plans to redesign the seatpost to allow for independent fore/aft and tilt adjustments? Not a big deal but something most other designs offer.
    There are no plans at the moment, but it's definitely something to look into. The Classic line has been a much bigger hit than we'd originally thought it to be.

    Funny you should ask about redesigning the seatpost, we have a pretty cool concept that should be hitting the market soon.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  29. #129
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    Any chance of the Plexus coming back as a 650B or 29er? An XX1 Plexus would be pretty cool.
    I'm with you on that one! The popularity of our frames has been a huge surprise. As a result there's all sorts of talk about various model names and concepts to revitalize. Unfortunately, I can't talk about any of it yet.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  30. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    Serial # Info

    Oldmountainbikes.com[/URL], they have an extremely comprehensive database of old Ritcheys.[/QUOTE]

    Thanks. I found some info. Great resource!

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    293
    Hi Dave,
    I mentioned ages ago the possibility of ordering a 26" P-Team frame and decided against that as a special order just seemed too hard.

    I am now looking at the P-29er and wondering on size. I am 170cm with an inseam of 81.5cm, normally ride 17" mtb with 100mm stem and 54cm road with reach of 54cm. Mtb reach is around 56cm.

    My concern with all 29er hardtail frames is standover height.
    All I have tried feel great in M size but alas, no standover clearance.

    Is a small P-29er frame going to suit me as most of my bikes (MTB) are about the same TT length give ot take 5mm.

    I realise you are not a fan of recommending sizes here, just after some advice as without some standover clearance I really think this could endanger my nether regions

    Thanks in advance Dave
    Shane

  32. #132
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    If the actual top tube length (560mm) works for you I think you should be fine with a small. Just make sure you get a long seatpost (400mm or more).
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    293
    Thanks Dave, will compare some more measurements and see how I go

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    28
    I'd like to run a Rohloff out back....can I replace the nondrive side slider with a paragon rohloff slider?

  35. #135
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by glenndandy View Post
    I'd like to run a Rohloff out back....can I replace the nondrive side slider with a paragon rohloff slider?
    We haven't tried this, but based on the similarities between our dropouts and Paragon's, I believe it'd work.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SkatesCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    59
    I'm 6'1" Which P-275 might you advise 19 or 21?

  37. #137
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by SkatesCool View Post
    I'm 6'1" Which P-275 might you advise 19 or 21?
    I wish I could give you an easy answer but frame size is dependent on a lot of variables. If you're not sure I'd suggest consulting with your local bike shop or bike fitter who knows your personal measurements, riding preferences, and the components you plan on using. These things all play a huge role in what frame size you pick. Good luck and thanks for choosing a Ritchey.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  38. #138
    Over the Hill
    Reputation: Club Mud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    93
    Dave, what does WCS mean and why is it used everywhere?

  39. #139
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Club Mud View Post
    Dave, what does WCS mean and why is it used everywhere?
    WCS stands for World Championship Series. We're proud to say many have won the World Championships on bikes equiped with Ritchey components. This is why we use it to denote our top tier line of products. Lastly, it's used everywhere because it's the best!
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16
    Hi Dave,

    So I bought a Superlogic Flat 10D hbar, and want pair it with a C260 stem but I can't seem to put it in properly. Is there a method to put it in without damaging the bar?

  41. #141
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
    Hi Dave,

    So I bought a Superlogic Flat 10D hbar, and want pair it with a C260 stem but I can't seem to put it in properly. Is there a method to put it in without damaging the bar?
    It can get a little tight at the bulge bend. Take it slow with the body of the stem on the outside of the bend. If it's still too tight, a little light sanding of the edges of the stem clamp usually is all it takes to get it on.

    Hope this helps.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16
    thanks, Dave... will try that. cheers!

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    It can get a little tight at the bulge bend. Take it slow with the body of the stem on the outside of the bend. If it's still too tight, a little light sanding of the edges of the stem clamp usually is all it takes to get it on.

    Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
    thanks, Dave... will try that. cheers!
    Hey Dave,

    I tried sliding the stem down the middle of the bar, stem body outside the bulge but it still won't go any further without possibly scratching the bar surface. Is there a video somewhere on how to install it? I tried searching and all I could find was the C260 and a road handlebar.

  44. #144
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: ritchey_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
    Hey Dave,

    I tried sliding the stem down the middle of the bar, stem body outside the bulge but it still won't go any further without possibly scratching the bar surface. Is there a video somewhere on how to install it? I tried searching and all I could find was the C260 and a road handlebar.
    Hmmm, if you've tried both the things mentioned above, you might want to bring it back to the shop to have them take a look. It shouldn't be that hard to get it installed.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16
    thanks.. think I'll leave this with the mechanic.

  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11
    Hi Dave,

    What is the recommended torque for the WCS Trail Carbon Link Seat Post saddle clamp?

    I am not sure if I'm blind, but could'nt find it from the instructions...

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    104
    Hi Dave,

    For the P-650B, what fork axle to crown measurement is meant to go with that posted geo chart? In other words, what forks are made to fit that frame? 26, newer 27.5?

    Also, what is the BB height of the frame built up? (I realize tires and other things make a difference, just a ballpark would be nice.) Thanks-

    DG

  48. #148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5
    Hi Dave, what is the rear dropout spacing on a 2013 Swiss Cross? 130mm or 135mm? Thanks!

  49. #149
    Living Life Behind Bars..
    Reputation: g-t-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    Hi All!

    Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the spokesperson here at Ritchey Design USA and I'd like to invite anyone who has any questions or comments about our products to post them here on the Ritchey / Syncros Forum. I'll do my best to respond and help you understand the vast array of bicycle components we have to offer.

    Here at Ritchey we all ride and are extremely passionate and proud of everything we produce. Please don't be shy. Let us know what you think!

    Dave
    Hi Dave just picked up a WCS carbon fork with post mount disc tabs and having a hard time setting up the front brake.

    Brakes are hope mini an the rotor tabs touch the tabs ( i9 hub ) so tried a solid 160 ( not floating ) and that clears barely but the caliper sits weird on it. Any ideas ? Didn't want to switch brakes but thought I ask first.

    Thx

  50. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation: red bank rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    134
    Hi Ritchey Dave,
    I'm considering to go SRAM XX crankset on my P29er. Can the P29er handle Qfactor 156 for all double chainring sizes up front?
    What XX or XO FD do you recommend for the P29er? High mount, low mount? Obviously Top-Pull.

    Thanks

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •