Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Any news on the 29er frame availability?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by HX520W View Post
    Are Ritchey WCS carbon handlebars coated in anything to protect them from UV rays?
    No, but I've yet to see something made unrideable because of it. That being said, I wouldn't leave them outside fully exposed for years on end.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by omega1848 View Post
    Any news on the 29er frame availability?
    We're looking at November availability. If you're interested I'd recommend preordering from your local authorized Ritchey dealer. There's a lot of backorders already for them.
    Dave Law

ELMO IS MY LORD!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    No, but I've yet to see something made unrideable because of it. That being said, I wouldn't leave them outside fully exposed for years on end.
    Thanks for the reply, what will happen to the bars over time? I'm trying to decide between the WCS and WCS carbon 10d bars but I'm concerned about the longevity of carbon.
    It's only a matter of time...

Ritchey Design Rep
    The main reason that most companies put UV inhibiters on their carbon products is to prevent discoloration. Our warranty department has seen zero returns because of outdoor exposure. Crashing, over clamping, garage roofs, that's another story. Just remember, carbon fiber is used on high performance airplanes and automobiles all the time and when used properly it's extremely reliable.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hi Dave, I've got a 1984 or 1985 Team Comp (SN 0018), I've been riding it all these years, and still absolutely love it. One of my favorites of this bike was the wood piece that beautifully slid into the handlebars. Any chance you guys have any of these obscure pieces laying around? Decals would be cool too. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hello Dave, please explain a benefit of superlogic carbon over wcs. And restriction too. Thanks

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by LBVandal View Post
    Hi Dave, I've got a 1984 or 1985 Team Comp (SN 0018), I've been riding it all these years, and still absolutely love it. One of my favorites of this bike was the wood piece that beautifully slid into the handlebars. Any chance you guys have any of these obscure pieces laying around? Decals would be cool too. Thanks!

I'm glad you're still enjoying that Ritchey. They really "don't make 'em like they used to".

As far as the wood piece, we don't have any of those anymore. We do have a good amount of decals that I'd be happy to send your way if you let me know what you're looking for.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jadis3 View Post
    Hello Dave, please explain a benefit of superlogic carbon over wcs. And restriction too. Thanks
    Good question. The big difference is the use of a process which combines an extremely high tensile strength carbon fiber with our proprietary resin. This creates a bar that's lighter and stronger than our WCS bar. The only restriction is, that in order to get the Superlogics as light as possible, they are not barend compatible.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Any of the 1984 Team Comp decals would be great. Darn on the wood piece, only bike I ever knew that had wood on it......

Ritchey Design Rep
    I just checked and we don't have anymore of the Comp decals. I have black, white and red generic decal sets, as well as the "Handmade by Tom Ritchey" decals.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

BAB parts for custom frames

Hi Dave-
    What is available for custom frame builders in the way of the piece parts needed to incorporate the Ritchey breakaway features into custom frames. I am specifically interested if the fittings are available for the larger (34.9mm) down tube size in steel (I have this setup on my Ritchey Ti 26" MTB BAB). Thanks,
    Dave

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by manzell View Post
    Hi Dave-
    What is available for custom frame builders in the way of the piece parts needed to incorporate the Ritchey breakaway features into custom frames. I am specifically interested if the fittings are available for the larger (34.9mm) down tube size in steel (I have this setup on my Ritchey Ti 26" MTB BAB). Thanks,
    Dave
    Yes, we have those fittings available to custom builders. Have them give us a call and we can set that up.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have some questions about the your new 29er carbon wheels. I've read that they are tubeless compatible, Stan's tubeless compatible in one place, are the rims similar to Stan's Bead Socket Technology? Will they setup just as easy as Stan's rims do?
    Will these wheels be available in any other axle configuration other than QR's? The Syncros 29er wheels seem to be available in all axle configurations, other than being wider, are these basically the same rim as the Ritchey (tubeless compatibility)? And will the Syncros 29er carbon rims be available alone, so that they can be built up with any hub?
    RIDE ON,
    Scotto

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    I have some questions about the your new 29er carbon wheels. I've read that they are tubeless compatible, Stan's tubeless compatible in one place, are the rims similar to Stan's Bead Socket Technology? Will they setup just as easy as Stan's rims do?
    Will these wheels be available in any other axle configuration other than QR's? The Syncros 29er wheels seem to be available in all axle configurations, other than being wider, are these basically the same rim as the Ritchey (tubeless compatibility)? And will the Syncros 29er carbon rims be available alone, so that they can be built up with any hub?
    I haven't used Stan's but helped set up the taped tubeless system that we will offer with these wheels. It was as easy as using the lightly adhesive tape to seal the drilled rim holes, punching through the tape at the stem hole, then installing the valve which seals to the rim with an internal and external rubber gasket. We were able to seal the wheel with a floor pump. The front will have a 15mm option; the rear will have a 142 x 12 option. We sell these as full wheels only.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Will there be the same axle options for the Ritchey wheels? Are the axles convertible, meaning can I switch between the 12X142 to 10X135? Any idea as to when the Syncros 29er carbon wheels will be available?
    RIDE ON,
    Scotto

Ritchey Design Rep
    Yes, they will be convertible. TBD on Syncros wheels.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Ritchey MTB Pedal servicing...

Dave, question on pedals. I've got a pair of Ritchey MTB pedals from my 2001 Klein MTB. They've worked well, but are now starting to exhibit signs of wear. Play in the pedal. What is the serviceability of them? Is there a guide on how to take them apart & regrease? I'm accustom to doing it with Shimano pedals, just couldn't track down anything on this Ritchey MTB pedals. Can one replace bearings if necessary? Sorry I don't have any more specifics, any help u can offer to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated! Thanks

Ritchey Design Rep
    Glad to hear those pedals served you well. Unfortunately we no longer carry replacement parts for that pedal. Sorry, wish I could give you a better answer.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Dave, let me better ask the question. Forget replacement parts of my question. Is there an instruction guide you can send me on how to simply take apart & regrease the existing parts. Is there a guide on how to disassemble, regrease & reassemble? That's all it appears at first indication of what I need to do, if it is possible with those pedals. They were made to be disassembled and serviced/re-greased correct?
    Thank you,

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by swany91 View Post
    Dave, let me better ask the question. Forget replacement parts of my question. Is there an instruction guide you can send me on how to simply take apart & regrease the existing parts. Is there a guide on how to disassemble, regrease & reassemble? That's all it appears at first indication of what I need to do, if it is possible with those pedals. They were made to be disassembled and serviced/re-greased correct?
    Thank you,
    Sorry, we don't have any instruction guides on how to dissassemble, regrease, and reasemble those pedals. If and external regreasing doesn't work and you haven't already, I'd recommend having a bike shop take a look at what might be the problem, some of our older pedals can be a little tricky.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hi Dave. I am interested in decals for an 85 Ascent (A5E00167). I work in a printing plant so even the art would be sufficient. ;-) Thanks.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by bmor_62 View Post
    Hi Dave. I am interested in decals for an 85 Ascent (A5E00167). I work in a printing plant so even the art would be sufficient. ;-) Thanks.
    Unfortunately we no longer have the decals, or artwork, for the Ascent available. However, I have some other Ritchey frame decals. PM me with your email address if you're interested and I can help you out with what we currently have.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Hi Dave,

Just wondering when the carbon 29'er wheels were going to be available? Any idea on the weight of the wheelset?

Also would love to buy some carbon flat bars but can't find them wide enough on your website. You supply them in a 680mm width on the Scott RC's but I can't buy them direct?

Thanks!

Ritchey Design Rep
    The Ritchey Vantage II Carbon 29er wheels are scheduled for May. The front wheel will be around 650 grams and the rear wheel will be 895 grams.

The 680 width flat carbon bars are there they're just a little hidden.
    Ritchey Logic - Mountain - Bars - WCS Carbon Flat 9D - UD Carbon
    Once on the page there's a pull down option where you can choose which a model.
    Dave Law

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast