mtbr member

Ritchey Pro Paradigm Pedals

Anyone running these pedals? They are new and I haven't heard much about them. I think they are listed at 255g which is good for SPD. Not a fan of EB.

mtbr member
    I stumbled on this thread looking for info on these pedals. Seemed to be a good option as I don't care for EB's either.

Anyway I couldn't find any reviews or opinions. So, I just ordered a set today.

Performancebike.com for $71.00. Really how can you go wrong. We'll see how the hold up. I'll try to post weights and a review after I get them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I had good luck when Ritchey first got into the SPD market, but I always believed the (heavier) Shimano pedals just work and feel a bit better. The Ritcheys had a larger frame and worked better in sneakers, but the platform always rubbed on my SPD shoe soles, taking away much of the float. Please report when you get some miles on them.

mtbr member
    I'm using old Ritcheys. I don't like Eggs or Time pedals. The release angle is just too far for me to twist. My next pedals will probably be XTR but I'd give these a try if people like them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo
    I had good luck when Ritchey first got into the SPD market, but I always believed the (heavier) Shimano pedals just work and feel a bit better. The Ritcheys had a larger frame and worked better in sneakers, but the platform always rubbed on my SPD shoe soles, taking away much of the float. Please report when you get some miles on them.
    Yeah, you can't beat the feel of shimano's. But for 100g I think I can live with alittle less than perfection. I'll let you know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghughes.hesinc
    I stumbled on this thread looking for info on these pedals. Seemed to be a good option as I don't care for EB's either.

Anyway I couldn't find any reviews or opinions. So, I just ordered a set today.

Performancebike.com for $71.00. Really how can you go wrong. We'll see how the hold up. I'll try to post weights and a review after I get them.

I got a set about a month back and have a few hundred miles on them. They feel great - no problems. I weighed them and my set was 254g. If you like supper tight spring tension you probably won’t like them. A friend likes to run his XTR’s so tight I have to put my 190lbs on each one just to clip in.

Looking at performance today and they are listing for $89, how did you get it down to $71? I know the team member gets you 10% but we have a difference of $18. I need a second set, my v4 pro’s are beat to crap (over two years and lots and lots of miles).

mtbr member
    I caught a 20% off one item e-mail special they ran for 12 hours yesterday. Of course they jack the shipping up to make up for it. So, technically they were $81.00 to the door.

I'm glad to hear your liking yours. I usually run my Shimano 540's about 1/2 to 3/4 on spring tension so I should be fine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    How are these pedals after 5 month riding? I'd like to buy a pair to mount on my bike but I would like to read some feedback first. So, would you recommand them? Are you satisfied?
    What about the needle bearings (if still applicable to these pedals) are they holding up?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mysa39
    How are these pedals after 5 month riding? I'd like to buy a pair to mount on my bike but I would like to read some feedback first. So, would you recommand them? Are you satisfied?
    What about the needle bearings (if still applicable to these pedals) are they holding up?
    So far, So good. They do have a light spring. I run mine as tight as they go and it seems to suit me fine. If I had to guess i'd say they have a little more than half the tension of a set of Shimano's. I've only got about 400 miles on them but they seem to be holding up well. They still spin like butter and mine scaled in at 259g. for the pair.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks!

I'm used to Ritchey's pedals as I have a pair of mountain V4 and I realized that, even with the tightest spring, they still releases easily in case of emergency. On the other hand they never failed me because of a too low tension in the spring while I was pedaling uphill for example.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Are these the V5 pedals?
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member

lots of miles...

I have two sets and both are working great. Not sure how many miles on them now but it's a lot... One set on my FS gearded bike and one on a HT SS, no problems. I did lube the one set that has the most miles. Pulled off the inner seal and put in some CK hub lube then pulled the outer cap and did the same. If I remember I'll try to due this every few months..

Looks like they went up in price ~$130. Glad I got mine early.

Zahariah, yes you will see them listed as V5 Paradigm pedals.