Big Test Icycles

Ritchey Pro-Paradigm Mtn Clipless Pedals

Anyone using these pedals. I'm looking for some feedback. Currently using Shimano 540 so the retention system is the same, which I like.

mtbr member
    They should be better than your current pedals but not as nice (though lighter) than the new XT/XTR. You should try them and let us know.

Here's a detailed review.

http://www.cxmagazine.com/ritchey-lo...product-review

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have nothing but Ritchey pedals on my bikes. Two sets of the Pro-Paradigms and two sets of the V4 Mountain pedal. To be honest I can't tell a difference in performance and there is only about 80 grams of weight difference but nearly $100 price difference. The V4s are old models but are available on ebay all the time.

I have been riding Ritchey pedals since the early 90s and have never had a failure. Something that may be noteworthy, SPD cleats will work in a Ritchey pedal but a Ritchey cleat will not work in a SPD pedal.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    bump. How the Ritchey Pro - Paradigms holding up. I am a Time guy, but have broken 3 pairs of the new XC carbons in the last few months. Time's customer service has seemed to have taken a turn for the worse too...

I would love to have another option beside Shimano.

thnkx
    Selma Ti.