mtbr member

Ritchey pedals...serviceable???

I picked up a pair of older Ritchey WCS pedals off the bay, and the seller failed to mention the wobbly spindles. I pulled one apart and they have a bearing outboard and, looks like, just a brass bushing inboard? These are the ti version, so I don't think the spindle is worn? Does anyone know if there's a way to replace the bushings? I didn't look promising, but figured I'd check here...pedals are like the ones in the upper right of this pic...http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...kes/parts1.jpg

Thanks!

mtbr member
    oh...and if anyone has a spare left side Ritchey pedal in red I could use one to match the right side one I have. I can't imagine how I lost one? Check the Trade post for what I have available. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I may have one in black you can have if I did't throw it away (the right snapped off at the axle).
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The cartridge outboard bearing is serviceable. The ti spindles get more play than the steel.

I *just* gave away a few pairs of Ritchey pedals. If your in a pinch, I can get them back no problem.

-Schmitty-

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmitty
    The cartridge outboard bearing is serviceable. The ti spindles get more play than the steel.

I *just* gave away a few pairs of Ritchey pedals. If your in a pinch, I can get them back no problem.

-Schmitty-
    yeah...I figured the cartridge bearing is probably a fairly common size and easy to find, but I'm not sure about the brass bushing? Considering the interface is between ti and brass, wouldn't the brass be worn more than ti? I'm not positive but it doesn't look like the ti is showing any wear. I think I may be sol unless there's a way to pull that bushing and press a new one in, if they're even available?? Maybe I'll just have to relegate those to beater duty... At least I got a new set of cleats out of the deal. Kind of takes some of the sting out of getting hosed...

mtbr member
    You used to be able to get a rebuild kit that included the bushing and new black rubber seal. I've rebuilt Ritchey pedals in the past...yeah I know, you used to be able to get all the retro stuff...

Maybe those "small parts 3rd hand" guys. I think I got my kit at REI.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KDXdog
    You used to be able to get a rebuild kit that included the bushing and new black rubber seal. I've rebuilt Ritchey pedals in the past...yeah I know, you used to be able to get all the retro stuff...

Maybe those "small parts 3rd hand" guys. I think I got my kit at REI.
    Thanks for the info...good to know it can be done.