mtbr member

Ritchey OCR WCS hub help

I have a set of Ritchey OCR WCS wheels on my backup bike (an old Amp Research B3) that only have around 300 miles on them. The drive side sealed bearing came apart while riding yesterday and I managed to find a replacement set but for the life of me cannot remove the outer bearing race from the hub. It seats onto a collar that is the same diameter as the race hindering me from driving it out from the other side.

What the trick? Help a brother out

Here’s a pic from the ride yesterday about a quarter second before I noticed something wrong with the bearing

mtbr member
    This should really be in the Wheels and Tires section, not the Tooltime section.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4slomo
    This should really be in the Wheels and Tires section, not the Tooltime section.
    That's where I originally posted it with zero responses
    I'll get it out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4slomo
    I respectfully disagree. I believe this forum is for riders asking other riders for help fixing their bikes.

Post some pics of the hub, maybe we can help you out.

-Joe

mtbr member
    I heated it up with a torch and popped the race out; I had tried a heat gun last night to no avail.
    They must have put some crappy bearings in the hubs from the factory, the non drive side bearings fell apart when I took the axel out. I have never seen sealed bearings do that.