mtbr member

Ritchey, FSA or Easton carbon?? Seat post and 31.8 riser bar...

What actually comes in the lightest??

mtbr member

You want light?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    KCNC and Thomson Masterpiece are the lightest seatposts and both aluminium...

mtbr member
    I think I will get a thomson seat post. I have always liked the looks of those....

what about the riser bar?

So far I am considering a Easton MonkeyLite XC Riser, and FSA or Ritchey??

Come on, dare me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urnicus
    I think I will get a thomson seat post. I have always liked the looks of those....

what about the riser bar?

So far I am considering a Easton MonkeyLite XC Riser, and FSA or Ritchey??
    Apart from weight itself (those three are pretty close, anyway), it depends on what you prefer in terms of backsweep, i.e. do you like a handlebar that «bends» more rearward or less. For example, I love the Easton MonkeyLite XC (I got the 31,8 hi-rise version) because of the 8 degrees of backsweep, while I don't like the Race Face Next because it only bends 3 degrees rearward. It's really a matter of personal choice. That said, Easton has a limited lifetime warranty on their carbon handlebars.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I just installed the Easton MonkeyLite XC last night, it seems to have done the trick for what I was looking. Low rise, slight back sweep and light weight. I ended up cutting 1.25" off each end to give me a 24.5" bar, the flat Easton EA50 that came with the bike was 23" wide. It also looks great with the Thomson Elite X2 stem ( also have the Thomson Elite seat post).. BlueSkyCycling.com has the XC's for $85 new.( 07 model).