mtbr member

Ritchey crabon steam vs KCNC

I am building up a old klein attitude and I am looking at either a KCNC stem or a Ritchey carbon. I am going to run a 31.8 handlbar and either a 110 or 120 length. I have looked around the forums a bit and there dosn't seem to be much info on the Ritchey. Most people seem to like the KCNC but I prefer the look of the Ritchey. It looks a little flexy to me. Just wondering what you are all think. This is what I am starting with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    I'm running 100mm ritchey carbon 4axis and it's not flexy to me, seems as stiff as my previous thomson 4x 100mm. Looks great too with ritchey carbon bar!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ive got a ritchey and love it, wish it were lighter but sometimes you gotta give a little for the looks

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    anothe rpic, not as cool as superspec's

Weight Weenie Addict!
    Jun 2008
    The KCNC SC Wing will be lighter than the Ritchey but if you like carbon the Ritchey looks very good. Both will work fine in XC applications.

gone for a bike ride
    i have the WCS 4-Axis carbon stem @ 100mm, its great, no more perceptable flex than the Syntace F99 on my other bike, i like my bars to flex before the stem though.

on your vintage ride the KCNC alloy stem might sit better - but that depends on your bars & seatpost

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    They Ritchey stem doesn't flex too much because its not really all carbon. Inside it is aluminum. Here is a quote from the web site.

"3D-Net forged 2014 alloy is encased in high-modulus carbon fiber for greater fatigue strength"

Beautiful looking stem indeed!!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the pictures. I think I will go with the Ritchey. It will be ther first time I haven't bought a thomson stem in about 8 bike builds. Thanks
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Does the Ritchey WCS 4-axis carbon stem have titanium bolts? It is a great looking stem and would be nice to drop a bit of weight off of it.

For that matter, are there any solid carbon stems?

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    comes with ti bolts as stadard.
    I have a thomson 100mm unit here too and prefer the thomson

mtbr member

i love my Ritchey stem

I have a 100mm WCS 4-axis stem and it weighs 118 grams. It is sexy as hell and plently stiff for any type of xc racing/ trail riding, not to mention it is sexy as hell, especially paired up with the WCS Carbon Rizer which i see a few people are sporting including myself.