mtbr member
    May 2008

Ritchey Carbon Bars

Where are the best prices for ritchey bars in the US?? Are the deals on Ebay from the over seas sellers legit?? Any insight would be appreciated. Are teh over seas sellers selling knock off's or older items? thanks

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    well it would be a generalization to say that all sellers form overseas are fakes or only sell old parts
    its could be a high risk high reward situation

mtbr member
    The parts are made overseas, so why wouldn't there be good overseas sellers too? Just do your homework and check out their recent rating

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I bought a low-rise 31.8 ritchey carbon wcs from ebike on ebay about 2 months ago, then I bought a flat bar from the same seller about 3 weeks ago. the seller was out of china and each bar took about 2 full weeks.

(moto450 - sent you a PM about the riser bar)

Nuts
    I bought a ritchey wcs carbon seat post on ebay from overseas. It turned out great and fast shipping, well as fast as can be expected. I wouldn't hesitate to order from across the pond again off of ebay.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Last year, i was looking for a Ritchey WCS low rizer carbon, (the top of the line carbon bar with a very low rise). Impossible to get it in Canada, and almost impossible to find in US. I finaly find one on eBay from a oversea seller (taiwan or something like that). Price was good and according to the description this was the right bar. Took a while for the bar to show up (still whitin expectable time frame) however when i did receive the bar it wasn't exacly the bar i was looking for, the description was inacurate and the bar was a WCS Rizer not a WCS low Rizer. Seller was very nice and he agree to refund me in part for the mistake. I had no difficulty to re-sell the bar to a relative for a profit and order a WCS low Rizer directly from Ritchey USA. My second bar was exacly the same (except for the rise) i have no worry that the ''asian'' bar is not 100% genuine. Craftmanship is the same, weigth is pretty much the same etc.

So as long as the seller as good feedback, go for it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine14

Here's the low rise (15mm) bar I picked up first. Less than 10 miles and 2 hours mounted old.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine14
    I bought a low-rise 31.8 ritchey carbon wcs from ebike on ebay about 2 months ago, then I bought a flat bar from the same seller about 3 weeks ago. the seller was out of china and each bar took about 2 full weeks.

Pm sent
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee
    Pm sent
    back at you...