Ritchey carbon 10D bars .

Anyone used these?

WCS version,

Superlogic version

The two bars share the same specs:
    # Carbon LCT construction, UD finish

# Riser bar position with no vertical rise

# 31.8mm version for increased strength and rigidity

Any feedback from users of the two bars above? I am looking at bar compliance, strength and geometry .

I tried searching for mtbr reviews but only found one .

Cant find specs on the Ritchey weights either

mtbr member
    Guitar Ted--twentynineinches.com did a short test a while back,I think. Try searching there .

mtbr member
    I read the 29" review, and now I am intrigued.

The Ritchey website says the Superlogic is only 130 grams, but 620 mm as well.
    http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=358534

Apparently there isn't much info to be found. Ted says they are pretty stiff, so if you are looking for some flex, it may be better to keep looking. It may make the cockpit 1 cm longer too.

I think my Niner fork may have enough give that replacing my Al bar with this may not be a concern.

I think I would really like to ride one before shelling out $190 for something like this.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have the WCS version on my geared orbea. Very happy with it.

I got it as I was looking for a flat bar with a riser bar width to get my position lower on a 29er. I guess the forward sweep has a similar effect to putting a longer stem.

Position feels comfortable to me, and I haven't noticed the bar to be overly stiff, but I'm not using rigid forks.
    Lapierre XR29ei, Chris King LB Carbon, Sram X0
    On-One Scandal 29er SS

It's always greener
    I've been eyeing this bar for a while...thanks for the mini review. Interested in any more feedback!

mtbr member
    I have the Superlogic version and really like this bar. I appreciate a bar with some sweep to it and didn't want t mess up the geometry of my bike by going with any other high sweep bar. This bar is fairly stiff, but not as stiff as the Salsa carbon bar I had on my other bike.

Main reason this bar intrigued me was the geometry of it. It has held up very well for me so far.
    CyclingCentralVa.org

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    i have the wcs, running it on a a9c rigid singlespeed with wcs carbon stem and tune barends.

steep angle is comfy, not too stiff in my opinion. the 660mm are perfectly wide for me.

great bars IMO.

mtbr member
    For those that are running this bar, what bar end plugs are you using? I can't seem to find any that will fit due to the build up for bar ends that Ritchey has done.

I'm now wondering if I can just ream out this reinforcement since I have no interest in bar ends...then I can just use a standard bar end plug.
    CyclingCentralVa.org

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR1 View Post
    For those that are running this bar, what bar end plugs are you using? I can't seem to find any that will fit due to the build up for bar ends that Ritchey has done.

I'm now wondering if I can just ream out this reinforcement since I have no interest in bar ends...then I can just use a standard bar end plug.
    I filed down a set of standard bar end plugs, on a bench grinder. Seemed less drastic that reaming out the bar.
    Lapierre XR29ei, Chris King LB Carbon, Sram X0
    On-One Scandal 29er SS

Ancient Astronaut
    I use the aluminum version of this bar on all my bikes.

I cut them as short as I can while being able to install all the levers etc. and I rotate them counterclockwise ( away from the saddle) to achieve perfect ergonomics ( for me at least)

PG

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I had a set- it puts the hand holds closer than a similar bend flat bar.
    Might be a good bar if you have room to go with a longer stem or want to be short in terms of reach- not so good if you are already running a 12cm stem.
    I prefer Syntace 12 degree bars or Truvativ Flat Bar in 10 degrees.