Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Ritchey

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    342

    Ritchey

    This bike is for sale locally for $350(not on cl or ebay). Is it a good deal. Are these that rare? Just curious because of the newer parts on it.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    342
    Here's a pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ritchey-ritchey.jpg  


  3. #3
    the test dummy
    Reputation: insanitylevel9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,503
    cool stem
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

  4. #4
    VRC Hound
    Reputation: bushpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,243
    Its been available for over a month...

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation: JoelovesDirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    Its been available for over a month...
    Another d!ck response. BP you are too cool for school.

  6. #6
    VRC Hound
    Reputation: bushpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelovesDirt
    Another d!ck response. BP you are too cool for school.
    the point is that it isn't a super deal. If it was it would be gone. Personally, I think it is a nice bike a good one at that price, but as far as a super deal, not so much. Guy asked a question and I gave him an answer. You should try it, it might help you on the newbie board.

  7. #7
    locked - time out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    753

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by mudlover71
    This bike is for sale locally for $350(not on cl or ebay). Is it a good deal. Are these that rare? Just curious because of the newer parts on it.
    If you ask nicely the owner will come down a little on that price.

  8. #8
    Mtn Biker Machinist
    Reputation: 1 cog frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    898

    Why not?

    Talk him down on the price, buy it, sell the modern bits, and use the money to spec it out period correct. Looks to be in pretty good shape, could make for a fun project!

    frog

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    685

    Ritchey

    If it's you size I would jump all over it. The key original elements are there, frame, fork, and wheels. The couple parts that have been upgraded can easily be found and replaced. Good Luck!!

  10. #10
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16,605
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    the point is that it isn't a super deal. If it was it would be gone. Personally, I think it is a nice bike a good one at that price, but as far as a super deal, not so much. Guy asked a question and I gave him an answer. You should try it, it might help you on the newbie board.

    Pwned.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com

    Wanted: 400mm American Classic seatpost, 26.8 & 27.2

  11. #11
    VRC Hound
    Reputation: bushpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    Pwned.
    Another d!ck response. Rumpfy you are too cool for school.

  12. #12
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16,605
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    Another d!ck response. Rumpfy you are too cool for school.

    I AM.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com

    Wanted: 400mm American Classic seatpost, 26.8 & 27.2

  13. #13
    VRC Hound
    Reputation: bushpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,243
    The bike is $300 now. Will someone just buy it? It is sweet machine.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    86
    thanks i did and I must say i can't believe no one scooped it up...it must have been the 945gram stem that made it unattractive

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tductape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,029
    Heavy or not, That stem goes with the bike....
    Seek: Old Mtn. Goat Bar Stem Combo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •