Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ritchey 2 X 9

VRC Illuminati
    Down side.....grip shift is the woooorst.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

the new Gilbert Grape
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    It's 1/3 better on a 2x9.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Glorified Hybrid Owner
    Dec 2005
    Do any of you have the Ritchey 28t front chainring for a 94bcd?

Nevermind, I just saw that someone posted them above. Do they hit the chainring bolts?

I've seen it mentioned in the Ritchey catalog, but never actually seen one. I have been told it is not possible to make one by a certain chainring manufacturer...I wish someone would make them again 'cause I want one.

I've been running Coda / Cannondale 2x9 cranks since they came out (not on Cannondales, mind you). The 44/29 is getting a bit tough, so I'm going to a 42/27 (using a Ritchey big chainring seen above) on one bike. An XT-level 12-36 for 9 speed would make the 44/29 more do-able.

BTW, I put my NOS Ritchey 2x9 shifters on my step-dads bike path ride...I'm surprised anyone out there collects them.
    Last edited by rockhound; 04-01-2010 at 07:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Let's not forget the fitness factor- not everyone has the time to practice enough to keep in the shape necessary for getting up the steepest stuff in the lowest gear of a 2 x 9.
    undefined Absolutely must have: Black Machine Tech Zeroflex brake levers (the ones with the rotating leverage adjuster)

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy

Works really well with Mavic or Simplex underbar shifters which have a huge number of clicks all at 8 speed spacing. Just add a TNT 10tooth lockring and you have 10 speed shifting on 8 speed spacing!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

2 x 9

I'm always humbled by the Single Speeders. I figure if they can make the climb I better be able to with my 2 X 9. We think we are Retro/Vintage, the guys that are fully rigid with one gear, now that's RETRO.

horn doggie
    I've been using a Ritchey 2x9 on my Rocklobster for many many years. I like it, and I'm hardly one anybody would call super fit. It's easy to ride.
    Wanted:

Potts, Potts, Potts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scooderdude
    I've been using a Ritchey 2x9 on my Rocklobster for many many years. I like it, and I'm hardly one anybody would call super fit. It's easy to ride.

Bring it to toro. I've got a loop for you.

hey, you could grab your stuff here while you're at it!

mtbr member
    I would like to try this setup...... On a Plexus......
    MMMMMmmmm..... Someday....Still saving....
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2