Stayin' Puft

P-29er Headset spec and Chainstay Length

So I see from searching around the 41.8 WCS headset is supposed to fit the P-29er. Can we use any SHIS IS42 headset that meets the Campy spec to fit this? A little confusing why what seems to be a road bike spec was used here. Would have been great to see a traditional 1 1/8" headtube.

Also, the geometry listing just indicates 447mm as chain stay length. Since it is sliders, this is not meaningful without understanding the min and max settings. Is the measurement provided the middle of the range? What is the shortest possible chain stay setting?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I measured it. 447 is the shortest possible length. Max will be approx 490 mm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hi,
    I would like to raise the question around the headset again, any news/ updates for that one?
    Would "Ritchey" mind to provide a bit more details which one would work, and which one not?
    Background: I am using the Ritchey WCS right now, but the crown of the Reba forks is so tight/ close with the lower cap to the frame, it is a fraction of a millimeter away from the bottom of the headtube and I am a bit scared that it will start to rub and ruin the coating soon...