Vegan Athlete

Old Ritchey Pedals - Looking for Cleats

I would have posted this in the "Pedal" forum, but non exists.

I have many pair of old Ritchey Pedals and am looking for another pair or two and cleats.

Ritchey doesn't make any more or stock any old ones. I have other pairs that are the same, Scott, Girvin, Wellgo, etc.

I think Wellgo still makes the pedal (or at least it can be found on Ebay). Does anybody know the pedal model and cleat model I need to match what I have?

Thanks!
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

mtbr member
    I vaguely recall owning a pair of ritchey pedals/cleats, let me check tonight if they are in my parts bin. If they exist, and you want them, they're yours.

bike dork extraordinaire
    If they're from just a few years ago, then they should be Shimano SPD compatible. The pedals I have came stock with Welgo 98A cleats, which I think Performance still sells.

Vegan Athlete
    I have not had luck with Shimano cleats, especially since there are more than one style, i'm not sure which to use.

I think from some Ebay and Google research I did this morning that the 98A cleat is for a newer style of the Ritchey Pedal, but the 97A is for the older style, the kind I have.

mtbr member
    Sorry VV-
    My parts bin rummaging did not yield and Ritcheey pedals or cleats.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I sell you shoes and SPD pedals if you are interested. Long shot I know but I have shimano 324 model(I think) and some hardly worn specialized shoes size 45 euro. If anyone else is interested. lemme know.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

cleats

I'm just about to retire all my Ritchey pedals and have cleats. New ones too. It depends on which version you have. Mine are what I think of as "second generation".

Email me offline and we'll see if we can work something out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by billscurry
    I'm just about to retire all my Ritchey pedals and have cleats. New ones too. It depends on which version you have. Mine are what I think of as "second generation".

Email me offline and we'll see if we can work something out.
    Email blocked, check PM

dis member

Bill

Should I be stocking up on XT pedals? You have a lot of bikes.

Obi
    mtbr member

Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by vuduvgn
    I would have posted this in the "Pedal" forum, but non exists.

I have many pair of old Ritchey Pedals and am looking for another pair or two and cleats.

Ritchey doesn't make any more or stock any old ones. I have other pairs that are the same, Scott, Girvin, Wellgo, etc.

I think Wellgo still makes the pedal (or at least it can be found on Ebay). Does anybody know the pedal model and cleat model I need to match what I have?

Thanks!
    Please, for the love of bike, there's a reason they aren't around anymore.

re:

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/drivetrain/p...42_135crx.aspx

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Trust me, throw them out, and buy a decent set, please. Press fit, collared setup that isn't servicable and highly prone to dramatic failures.

Buy some Shimano's, or better yet, some Crank Brothers, don't resurrect or polish turds.
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

Vegan Athlete
    Your links are to Version 4 of the Ritchey pedals. I'm running Version 1. Kinda like Windows 95 and about the same era.

I'd buy new pedals but i'd have to replace pedals on like, 56 bikes and three pairs of shoes. It's easier (and much cheaper) to just find old pedals.

mtbr member

Bad links

Quote Originally Posted by obionespeedonly
    Please, for the love of bike, there's a reason they aren't around anymore.

re:

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/drivetrain/p...42_135crx.aspx

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Trust me, throw them out, and buy a decent set, please. Press fit, collared setup that isn't servicable and highly prone to dramatic failures.

Buy some Shimano's, or better yet, some Crank Brothers, don't resurrect or polish turds.
    Your links are dead. Some folks who are "road riders" like the tight feel of the Ritcheys. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
    Too many bikes, and just enough time to ride them.