Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrouSS View Post
    Just got my 19" frame yesterday. Welds look smooth and even. Sliding drops look good too. Now all I need is a red reba...
    Nice! Make sure you let MTBR know what you think.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Ritchey Dave,

I live in Arizona, my friend and I pre-ordered P-29er's in November, any idea when we can expect those to arrive?

This will be my fourth Ritchey, and my first 29er, so I am really looking forward to it's arrival. Currently still "rockin" my late 90's Plexus, which is a great bike, but she's ready to retire from my every day bike. A group of guy's I recently started with were amused when I first showed up on it, now they are pretty amazed at how well my "old road bike" performs

Any info would be great !

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by bad jack View Post
    Ritchey Dave,

I live in Arizona, my friend and I pre-ordered P-29er's in November, any idea when we can expect those to arrive?

This will be my fourth Ritchey, and my first 29er, so I am really looking forward to it's arrival. Currently still "rockin" my late 90's Plexus, which is a great bike, but she's ready to retire from my every day bike. A group of guy's I recently started with were amused when I first showed up on it, now they are pretty amazed at how well my "old road bike" performs

Any info would be great !
    Those older Ritchey frames can definitely hang with best of them today. The Plexus is one of my favorite Ritchey frames ever.

Where did you preorder your P-29er from?
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post

Where did you preorder your P-29er from?
    Sultana Cycles in Cottinwood Az. Shop was told 21" for my buddy is avaliable, but my 19" is not

Ritchey Design Rep
    We had a real short shipment of the 19s unfortunately. They have one on order for you, but it'll be on our next shipment which should be arriving any minute.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    We had a real short shipment of the 19s unfortunately. They have one on order for you, but it'll be on our next shipment which should be arriving any minute.
    YES

I appreciate you looking into this for me, and looking forward to it's arrival

Ritchey Design Rep
    No problem, new bike anticipation can be painful. Rest assured it's almost over, and it'll be worth the wait.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    deleted
    Last edited by Dean Learner; 03-02-2012 at 04:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

The "Eagle has landed"

No problem, new bike anticipation can be painful. Rest assured it's almost over, and it'll be worth the wait.
    Frame arrived this afternoon,I haven't seen it yet,but I wanted to thank you for your time, and customer service on this matter. I appreciate all that you and any others have done to make it happen.

Due to a recent work obligation, I won't be able to complete my build for 5-6 weeks, but when do, I will be sure to post info on the build, and ride. Can't wait, and again, thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Just got done with my build and absolutely love the bike. I have already posted this bike with multiple pictures in the 29er forums and the SS forum...however, seems appropriate to post it here:

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by redvtwin2 View Post
    Just got done with my build and absolutely love the bike. I have already posted this bike with multiple pictures in the 29er forums and the SS forum...however, seems appropriate to post it here:
    Sweet! The pic didn't come through though.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

here is my little one

best of the best, thank you Mr. Ritchey
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Ritchey 29er-sn%EDmek-329.jpg  

New Ritchey 29er-sn%EDmek-324.jpg  

New Ritchey 29er-sn%EDmek-352.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Does anyone know the specs on the bottom bracket shell? Is it english threaded? 68mm?

I have a NOS Logic compact crankset and NOS Ritchey Ti 120mm bottom bracket in my parts bin. It would be cool to go a little retro in my build if I can.
    Wanted: Ritchey P-20,21,22,23 in Team colors, 18-inch, '92-99, Ritchey Logic fork (threadless); NEW Rock Shox Judy Decal Sets

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanus View Post
    Does anyone know the specs on the bottom bracket shell? Is it english threaded? 68mm?

I have a NOS Logic compact crankset and NOS Ritchey Ti 120mm bottom bracket in my parts bin. It would be cool to go a little retro in my build if I can.
    Correct. It's english and 68 mm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    My ride:

still waiting for red V5 pedals, silver instead if white cables, titanium retro style stem, Ritchey saddle.
    Custom stem will be painted red to match the frame and the fork will be painted white (top) and blue (bottom) according to the Ritchey P-series racers from the nineties.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hey guys this is my first post I just recently joined the forum. I am looking to build my first 29er and really excited about the ritchey. For those of you who have built your bike I am hoping you can help. I am 5ft 10 with a 30 inch inseam should I buy the the large or medium frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Medium

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I would recommend medium one, I am 6 ft with 32 inseam and ride large one.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the insight I am located in Ohio and having a hard time finding one in stock called a couple lbs and they are checking into ordering one if not I reached a place down in Texas that would be able to hook me up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

pull the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Red13 View Post
    Thanks for the insight I am located in Ohio and having a hard time finding one in stock called a couple lbs and they are checking into ordering one if not I reached a place down in Texas that would be able to hook me up.
    I just finished my build about a week ago, and I'm loving it! Like you, this is my 1st 29er, and I am very impressed with the Ritchey frame, and the bigger wheels! This is my 4th Ritchey, but I would say my best ever!

Mine is a large, and complete build, without pedals was 22.5lbs. I would send pictures
    if I could figure out how. Any ways, great bike, and I believe I know where to get a med
    in Arizona. Good luck.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Nice bad jack need to see some eye candy! Talked to a dealer in western P.A. and he is going to be able order me one. It probably will not be here to July but that gives me time to think about and purchase some of the components. Did you go geared or SS?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Red13 View Post
    Nice bad jack need to see some eye candy! Talked to a dealer in western P.A. and he is going to be able order me one. It probably will not be here to July but that gives me time to think about and purchase some of the components. Did you go geared or SS?
    2x10 sram. First time on 2x10,was somewhat concerned about the low gearing for climbing, but works great. First ride did 5000' of climbing, had pleanty of gearing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    36/22 or other combi you are using?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by omega1848 View Post
    36/22 or other combi you are using?
    39x22. I found that when I was in 1st, 2nd, etc on my 3x9, I am able to do the same on the 2x10. I have to admit though, I do miss the big ring of the 3x9, you don't. seem to be able to get up to speed as quick on 2x10, but have only used for a week, so may have to get better planing ahead? Time will tell, but no regrets. yet......

mtbr member
    HI Ritchey Dave,
    The Ritchey P29 mentions the steel as "Ritchey Logic II steel"...do you know anything more about this steel and how it compares to Reynolds 853?

Thanks for your insight!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast