Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Unfortunately there was some delays with the P-29er and they won't be here for another month.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    What's the best way to order one of these? Any authorized dealer that sells "Ritchey" stuff? Honestly, I have a feeling they would look at me funny if I asked them about it.

And, it's been a month! Are they available?!
    Wanted: Ritchey P-20,21,22,23 in Team colors, 18-inch, '92-99, Ritchey Logic fork (threadless); NEW Rock Shox Judy Decal Sets

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanus View Post
    What's the best way to order one of these? Any authorized dealer that sells "Ritchey" stuff? Honestly, I have a feeling they would look at me funny if I asked them about it.

And, it's been a month! Are they available?!
    You can find a dealer near you at : Ritchey Logic

Also you can order one through Excel Sports. They don't have it on their website yet but they will and I'm sure you could preorder it as well.

We're still waiting for them to arrive, they should be here very soon, hold tight. It'll be worth it.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Ritchey_Dave,

Are there any details avaialable that aren't shown on the Ritchey Logic site, that might help someone decide whether or not to jump-in with a pre-order?

How about critical geometry details like standover height and effective top-tube length, for instance?

How about cable routing / cable stop details? (I personally have no interest in a single-speed setup, but the the idea of using the sliding dropout to facilitate a Rohloff drivetrain is intriguing. The cable routing may preclude that, however.)

How about details and prices for the necessary drop-in headsets. Nothing shows up on the site.

Finally, is the following quote correct? If so, how do we find out more?

Quote Originally Posted by swisscross View Post
    My understanding is that Tom is considering doing a limited number of brazed frames for the general market.
    Very similar to the late 80's early 90's when you could order a TR brazed one for an upcharge.
    Thanks for any info!
    We still hang bike thieves in Wyoming [Pedal House]

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by iamkeith View Post
    Ritchey_Dave,

Are there any details avaialable that aren't shown on the Ritchey Logic site, that might help someone decide whether or not to jump-in with a pre-order?

How about critical geometry details like standover height and effective top-tube length, for instance?

How about cable routing / cable stop details? (I personally have no interest in a single-speed setup, but the the idea of using the sliding dropout to facilitate a Rohloff drivetrain is intriguing. The cable routing may preclude that, however.)

How about details and prices for the necessary drop-in headsets. Nothing shows up on the site.

Thanks for any info!

Standover height is not listed as this varies as a measure of fit based on what parts are used to build up the frame. Effective top-tube is listed under the frame geometry, click on the "tech" tab on the top right of the P-29er page. Other elements of fit can be determined from that chart.

The cable routing is setup to accommodate standard geared configurations or single speed. We haven't had a chance to played around with a Rohloff drivetrain on a P-29er, I'd check with them on how to incorporate their drivetrain into a standard cable routing setup with sliding dropouts. There's nothing really quirky about our setup so they should have a good understanding of it.

The frames use 1 1/8", 41.8 bearings.
    The Ritchey WCS Logic Zero headsets ($59.95) will work with the P-29er.

It's being discussed but there are no solidified plans at the moment. More information will be posted on the Ritchey website as things become more concrete.
    Dave Law

Amabubpensie
    A review of the new Ritchey P29er frame. Thoughts on the Ritchey P-29er by Anton Bosman of Summit Cycles, South Africa

Copy and paste bellow quote into YouTube search:
    Ritchey P29er Review 2012
    I'm unable to post the direct link as this is my 1st post here PS: To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. Currently I have 0 posts.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by speek View Post
    A review of the new Ritchey P29er frame. Thoughts on the Ritchey P-29er by Anton Bosman of Summit Cycles, South Africa

Copy and paste bellow quote into YouTube search:

I'm unable to post the direct link as this is my 1st post here PS: To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. Currently I have 0 posts.
    Thanks for that!

Ritchey P29er Review 2012.mov - YouTube

Great review. First shipment of these babies arrive in our warehouse 2/15 and are already sold out! Make sure you get dibs on one at a store near you.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I read an european review about 3 months ago... too long to translate, but they made those points:

- Large frame, has reach and stack similar to 17.5 inches "modern" hardtails
    - Very comfortable and natural
    - Not a fast bike
    - Little heavy
    - Very good traction

SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    Quote Originally Posted by Machianera View Post
    I read an european review about 3 months ago... too long to translate, but they made those points:

- Large frame, has reach and stack similar to 17.5 inches "modern" hardtails
    - Very comfortable and natural
    - Not a fast bike
    - Little heavy
    - Very good traction
    Funny... as an expat living in Europe I find that the majority of local 29'er reviews say "not a fast bike" until they start doing 'real world' riding. Then, it seems things get really fast.

If only it had an EBB or swingers. :-(

In any case, I'm really looking forward to seeing one and maybe swinging a leg over one. Spoke to a guy the other night who has an old P21. Jealous!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Speed View Post
    Funny... as an expat living in Europe I find that the majority of local 29'er reviews say "not a fast bike" until they start doing 'real world' riding. Then, it seems things get really fast.

If only it had an EBB or swingers. :-(

In any case, I'm really looking forward to seeing one and maybe swinging a leg over one. Spoke to a guy the other night who has an old P21. Jealous!
    The review is comparing the bike to other 29ers out there, exp carbon fiber frames. It said "not as fast as a lightweight 29er". It can go fast. Just not a racing bike.

Do not compare the p-29 to older p series. The p-21 was created as a racing bike and possibly one of the fastest/lighter frame when it was conceived.
    The p-29 seems to be the idea of the marketing department. I would expect a good, possibly great bike. But no glory.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    The bike in question here is mine, speek is my regular riding buddy, he has ordered a frame as well as the guy who filmed and edited the clip.
    It was a pleasure to be able to put this together for such an awesome bike from such a great company.

It would be great to know what the rest of the guys at Ritchey think of it.

Posted elsewhere but just for pleasure again :-)

DSCF1334 by OddPix1, on Flickr

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by 20niner View Post
    The bike in question here is mine, speek is my regular riding buddy, he has ordered a frame as well as the guy who filmed and edited the clip.
    It was a pleasure to be able to put this together for such an awesome bike from such a great company.

We loved the review and were blown away by the quality of filming and depth of knowledge of the reviewer. Truly a complement to see that the passion we put into our products can be translated to the end user.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey_dave View Post
    We loved the review and were blown away by the quality of filming and depth of knowledge of the reviewer. Truly a complement to see that the passion we put into our products can be translated to the end user.
    Many thanks Dave, glad you enjoyed it

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    very good

Amabubpensie
    As soon as my P-29er land on local soil I promise to ride more often I'll even consider riding with a Handlebar Mustache every time I ride it

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Machianera View Post
    The review is comparing the bike to other 29ers out there, exp carbon fiber frames. It said "not as fast as a lightweight 29er". It can go fast. Just not a racing bike.

Do not compare the p-29 to older p series. The p-21 was created as a racing bike and possibly one of the fastest/lighter frame when it was conceived.
    The p-29 seems to be the idea of the marketing department. I would expect a good, possibly great bike. But no glory.
    Here's a pic of one of our sponsored riders, Kurt Wolfgang, on his way to placing 1st in the Cat 1s this weekend at the CCCX XC Race in Monterey California aboard one of our new P-29ers.

I think he'd beg to differ.

Dave Law

SSolo
    Apr 2008

Wow, that looks marvelous!
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hi,
    any feedback on the reliability of the sliders? Any comments about them?
    Sorry to ask, I do not have in depth experiences with sliders, but I stumbled across several posts about various slider drop outs and it seems there are big differences.
    Some people complain about loosing themselves from time to time, and I was wondering if the system used by Ritchey is a „well known“ and established one...
    Thanks a lot in advance for feedback, and please no offense!

mtbr member
    I talked to Mark Norstad of Paragon Machine Works a while ago and Mark said the majority of the issues found in slider drops is due to poor quality control from Chinese and Taiwanese knockoffs. The tolerances are sloppy and the nut and bolt assemblies are sub par. I suppose that's one more incentive to buy an American made frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
    I talked to Mark Norstad of Paragon Machine Works a while ago and Mark said the majority of the issues found in slider drops is due to poor quality control from Chinese and Taiwanese knockoffs. The tolerances are sloppy and the nut and bolt assemblies are sub par. I suppose that's one more incentive to buy an American made frame.
    No problem with the Ritchey,
    The Tange dropouts are top quality and with over 2000 km's on the bike, I have not had a moments trouble to date.
    The quality is top shelf.

IMG_9898 by OddPix1, on Flickr

IMG_9908 by OddPix1, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Another one:
    Anyone know how Ritchey has measured the 70 degree head tube angle?
    Which fork length was been used?
    I assume 100mm, but compressed with sag (around??? 20mm?) or not?

mtbr member
    Sweet looking drops

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by omega1848 View Post
    Another one:
    Anyone know how Ritchey has measured the 70 degree head tube angle?
    Which fork length was been used?
    I assume 100mm, but compressed with sag (around??? 20mm?) or not?
    The 70 degrees refers to the the angle of the headtube in relation to the floor with a 100mm travel fork installed. No sag or compression taken into consideration.
    Dave Law

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Just got my 19" frame yesterday. Welds look smooth and even. Sliding drops look good too. Now all I need is a red reba...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast