You down with entropy?

new endurance wheels (ritchey, syncros, I9, wtb ??)

hello all

I am thinking of new lighter wheels for this year. So far I am signed up for my first 100 miler and a 50 miler.

I am 220-ish at the moment and have a titus motolite. I ride in the midwest so rocks and roots.

I am looking at
    ritchey WCS disk limited
    Syncros FL wheelset
    WTB racelite (or one of the other WTB wheels)
    or go whole hog and go for industry 9

I am looking to save weight over the cheap-o rynolite/shimono wheels that I got with my bike
    to save cash. I also want something that will hold up over the long term so more then just a raceday wheel

any thoughts?

wants a taco
    id look at a chris king/mavic 717d wheelset built buy a reputable wheel builder. When i was close to your weight (210) and rode trails with lots of rocks/roots and i ride somewhat agressive i used that rim with great results. the rim outlasted the hubs which were xt. I still got maybe 3-4 years out of the wheelset before the hubs died. With the king hubs you get light weight and super reliable performance...the instant engagement isnt too bad either

conjoinicorned
    Quote Originally Posted by nubcake
    id look at a chris king/mavic 717d wheelset built buy a reputable wheel builder. When i was close to your weight (210) and rode trails with lots of rocks/roots and i ride somewhat agressive i used that rim with great results. the rim outlasted the hubs which were xt. I still got maybe 3-4 years out of the wheelset before the hubs died. With the king hubs you get light weight and super reliable performance...the instant engagement isnt too bad either

+1
    i ran the same wheelset (king, 717) with great success, light yet strong.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?