Calm like a Bomb

Lightweight Stem ...Thomson & Ritchey

So Im building up a Yet 575 Trail bike and am trying to make it light. I went with ritchey carbon bars and am trying to decide on a stem. I am considering the ritchey 4 axis stem which is light and also a thomson x4 stem, the x4 seems allot more solid but also heavier.

Is it me or should I be skeptical about running the lighter weight ritchey stem opposed to the burlier thomson? I do not plan to jump off anything larger then 2 ft and dont plan to jump and jumps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stunzeed
    So Im building up a Yet 575 Trail bike and am trying to make it light. I went with ritchey carbon bars and am trying to decide on a stem. I am considering the ritchey 4 axis stem which is light and also a thomson x4 stem, the x4 seems allot more solid but also heavier.

Is it me or should I be skeptical about running the lighter weight ritchey stem opposed to the burlier thomson? I do not plan to jump off anything larger then 2 ft and dont plan to jump and jumps.
    CHeck out the HOPE stems. They are pretty light and come in lots of colors.

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    The stiffness and snappy reaction from the Thomson is well worth the extra weight!

Once you switch, it will blow your mind!