viva la v-brakes!

handlebar set-up for running Ritchey Ergo grips?

Is there anyone out there running Ritchey Ergo grips that could share how they have their bars set-up with them? I assume the bulge is supposed to fit in the center of your palm, the way I have my brake levers and shifters now, the bulge ends up kind of in the crotch of my thumb... or maybe this is the way they are supposed to be?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails handlebar set-up for running Ritchey Ergo grips?-bars.jpg  

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

DynoDon
    Ritchey grips came on my bike, they are in a box now, I put on Oury grips, I used Oury grips 35 years ago when they first came out for Motocross bikes, they were the hot ticket then, and for me and many other their great Bike grips now, I just wrestle them on without hair spray or anything else, they don't move on my Ritchey bars, then when I want them off I just put a thin knife in, and slip it around backwards, then squirt Windex under the blade of the knife, and run it around again, then take the grip off, easy as that, let them dry good before reinstalling, These are not lock on grips but they don't move.. Oh, I put end caps under the grips so I don't polk a hole in the ends of the grips... good luck...

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Ourys will always be one of the great grip designs, and they come in SOOOO many colours including glow in the dark now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    The Ritchey site shows 'em the way they are in the picture.

viva la v-brakes!
    I guess what I'm asking is where my hands should fit on that bulge. I'm wondering if I should move my brake levers and shifters in so the center of my palm rests on the bulge... but that would effectively make my bars narrower.

As for Oury grips, they are too big for my hands, very dense with little shock absorption and not relevant to this discussion in any way.

DynoDon
    Too bad your hands don't fit the Oury, the relivence is my Ritcheys are in a box never used, maybe you could cut the Ritcheys and glue them back together so they would have the bump in the right place, or maybe just put them in a box too. They just don't make sense it doesn't make any difference what size your hand is. It looks like a production line error.

mtbr member
    They don't look like a proper design to me. Ergo grips, like you say, usually have a bulge that spreads the force over the large surface area of you palm.
    From the website picture you can't tell if they intend for the bulge to be inside or outside, but either way, it seems like it ends up in a not so useful spot.

viva la v-brakes!
    I found this review at Bicycling.com

"The firm-yet-forgiving True Grip WCS Ergo is a riff on the company's original foam True Grip, and, at 36 grams, it's sure to satisfy the most compulsive gram counters. The new, larger-diameter mid-grip section is designed to support the cavity of your palm, though it isn't always successful--on some testers, it landed on the thumb web. Ritchey added an extra collar on the inboard edge to keep palms in place even in wet conditions. These grips are open at the end for easy bar-end (or bar plug) use."

I will try moving my shifter and brake levers in a bit and see if I can find something that works. If not, my wife's commuter bike needs some new grips.