mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Handlebar Option (Holzfeller vs. Syncros vs. Spank)

So im looking to get a new set of bars for my STP, gonna be eventually coupled with a Thomson X4 50mm stem at some point.

Need to be 31.8 and White with at least a 30mm rise (40mm preferred). So the options I am currently looking at are:

1) Holzfeller 30mm or 50mm Bar
    2) Spank Lounge Bar
    3) Syncros AM Mountain Bar

So of these options, which would be the lightest? Strongest? Best value?

Meh.
    Holzfellers are a great value. They're pretty strong and a reasonable weight.

If you're looking at 50mm rise... why not Diety? I really like the shape of those bars. And the customer service is outstanding.

If you're riding street/dirt jumps, I don't really find a 31.8 clamp to be necessary. I tried it and actually went back to a 25.4 clamp after a few weeks. The 31.8 transferred too many vibrations and was too harsh.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Just to add another high-rise option...

I run an NS Bikes Habenero bar on my STP SS. Mine's black but they come in white too.
    2.75" rise.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...&category=3249

Gold it's the new Pink!
    Deity bars have the best bend out there. Once you try a set you won't run another bar and yes their customer service is top notch.

Stephen

bike addict
    Jan 2004
    ive got the holzfeller WC bars. nice low rise and comfy sweep. perfect width for me. i recommend them

Now with More Wood
    Just to add to the confusion, throw in the Spank Spike 777 as well. I've been really enjoying these for the past few months. Slightly unusual bend I think, but they feel great. Run mine cut down to about 750 or so...30mm rise (also available in 50mm rise). They do them in white as well...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I AM I AM
    I've got the Deity 2014 on my STP and I've got Syncros bars of some sort on my DH bike, both have the nice 9 & 5 sweep. with 710 width which is perfect for me. The 2" rise seems good for the stp too whereas the Syncros I've got are lower and better for the DH bike.

I am happy with what I've got, I did consider Holzefellers and Funn Fatboys, but the sweep on both those is slightly off and I mainly got the Deity's because I found them 2nd hand for a good price. Compared to Husselfelts I had I like how the thickness doesn't taper off too early on the Deity's like it does on the Hussies.

Spank bars look great, but if weight is a matter they would weigh more than the rest?

Too much to choose from hey!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Well I went with the Holzfeller 50mm White bars. For the dollar, you really cant beat the specs on them from what I found! Got them in the other day, might not have them on the bike for a while, until I move back from College. But they look great! Will have installed pics in a few weeks!