Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    SEA
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    It really depends how lucky You are. I have ridden 3 years with my "fake" WCS carbon bar one without issue. Except I crashed one side myself. Repaired and still is good for miles.
    When I wanted to buy FSA K-force carbon seatpost I specially chosed used but mint from big shop not new which could possibly be fake.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Seams in the carbon

Got my WCS Carbon bars from China (eBay) and this is what I got. Any thoughts on if carbon fiber bars are suppose to have these 'seams' in them. they seem to run the length of the bar on the top and bottom, then they 'merge' into this shape where there are seams that run vertically 4"(ish) to the left and right of the center logo.

These seams are smooth however they look odd. I wish I could post an image but the site won't let me because Im a newbie here....

wyrd bið ful ãræd
    Will I have any reason to think that this is not an original?

Ritchey WCS Carbon (UD) 1-Bolt Road Bicycle Seatpost Inline 350 x 27.2mm | eBay

cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Original or Fake ?!

hello guys, did anyone have ever bought Ritchey from this ebay Seller ? chubbypila66
    I just bought one in an Auction today for USD 75.00 and i am afraid that it could be a fake, because analyzing the pictures the carbon texture looks different from the original Ritchey website. I dont know if the photos are low quality or if its a fake handlebar. This seller is Top Rated with 99.99% Positive Feedback. Here is the link to the Handlebar that ive bought. What do you guys think ?
    Link: (please substitute the * for . )

www*ebay*com/itm/180950027588?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649]2011 RITCHEY WCS CARBON RIZE MTB HANDLEBAR 31.8MM X 660MM NEW

Thank you guys. Bye

J-Flo
    Apr 2012
    Now I am worried. I bought a WCS Carbon handlebar from a HK supplier through Aliexpress a few days ago, it was super-cheap. Probably too good to be true.

mtbr member

How are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfloren View Post
    Now I am worried. I bought a WCS Carbon handlebar from a HK supplier through Aliexpress a few days ago, it was super-cheap. Probably too good to be true.
    Hey Jflo

How are those bars from Aliexpress? Do they seem ok? I was eye-ing them myself. I'll send you a PM as well.

Anyone else pick up 1 of these bars from these Alexpress guys?

Thanks!

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eimart View Post
    hello guys, did anyone have ever bought Ritchey from this ebay Seller ? chubbypila66
    I just bought one in an Auction today for USD 75.00 and i am afraid that it could be a fake, because analyzing the pictures the carbon texture looks different from the original Ritchey website. I dont know if the photos are low quality or if its a fake handlebar. This seller is Top Rated with 99.99% Positive Feedback. Here is the link to the Handlebar that ive bought. What do you guys think ?
    Link: (please substitute the * for . )

www*ebay*com/itm/180950027588?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649]2011 RITCHEY WCS CARBON RIZE MTB HANDLEBAR 31.8MM X 660MM NEW

Thank you guys. Bye
    It's fake. I bought one from this seller in 2008. However, there are such things as "good fakes." My fake Ritchey was used(XC riding) from 2/2008-11/2010 without a single hitch. Ha, I even sold them for MORE than I paid($75.00USD).
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Chubbypila66

I just bought from this guy on eBay. I bought EC90 SL Riser bar. I paid on Wednesday and received Friday (today). I am quite concerned because there is a seam that goes the entire length of the bar. It is smooth, but looks really weird. They also weigh 10 grams more than advertised on 2 different scale.

Fakes?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    greenerob,

I got your message, thanks...

I did some research and found pics.

visable difference.

Are the eBay Ritchey WCS Carbon Handlebars authentic?-lo_d3.jpg

Thanks

mtbr member
    picked up a knock-off WCS Ritchey bar 660mm - it's very light and seems well made and as strong as my Easton EC70 - I figured it would be worth it to pick one up, do some stress tests on it & I'm going to take it on some light rides on my XC rig to see how it hods up before putting it on my AM bike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are the eBay Ritchey WCS Carbon Handlebars authentic?-img_0038.jpg  

Are the eBay Ritchey WCS Carbon Handlebars authentic?-img_0040.jpg  

Are the eBay Ritchey WCS Carbon Handlebars authentic?-img_0050.jpg  

Ritchey Design Rep
    At Ritchey, we would prefer you buy genuine Ritchey products from an authorized dealer, of course. BUT we would rather you buy a competitor’s product rather than counterfeit Ritchey goods of questionable origin found on Ebay or elsewhere.

We (as well as other manufacturers) have tested counterfeit handlebars and have found them to not pass our internal tests. Handlebar failures can cause a particularly unpleasant crash. We would urge our fellow riders to not take chances in this area…purchase a quality CE tested and approved handlebar from a manufacturer you trust.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by greenerob View Post
    I just bought from this guy on eBay. I bought EC90 SL Riser bar. I paid on Wednesday and received Friday (today). I am quite concerned because there is a seam that goes the entire length of the bar. It is smooth, but looks really weird. They also weigh 10 grams more than advertised on 2 different scale.

Fakes?
    Quite possibly. Fakes of Thomson, Ritchey, Easton, 3T, Zipp and Truvativ are all over eBay.....and eBay turns a blind eye to it all!
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Nice
    Last edited by Muscleflex; 06-04-2013 at 05:56 AM.
    Cannondale Flash 1 Alloy (May 01 2013)
    Cube LTD Pro 2012 16" on it's way (Nov 25 2012 Ordered)

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Here it s a fake one. Look at the inner tube thickness .

I think mine is fake also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are the eBay Ritchey WCS Carbon Handlebars authentic?-image.jpg  

Are the eBay Ritchey WCS Carbon Handlebars authentic?-image.jpg  

Are the eBay Ritchey WCS Carbon Handlebars authentic?-image.jpg  

Last edited by g5magic; 06-06-2013 at 09:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by g5magic View Post
    I think mine is fake also.
    Holy wah. I'd say those are most definitely fakes. They aren't even close to uniform in thickness. Where did you get those?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Fake one .

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    This eBay seller has about 200 000 feedbacks. Hard to believe that he's selling fake stuffs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Believe it!! I bought fake Airotors from this clown. They arrived the same day as ones that came from an actual store. The difference was clear. No original packaging was just the beginning. This guy has all those feedbacks because 99.9% of people can't tell and by the time they do, they have already left their feedback.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Ritchey WCS Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike Riser Bar 31 8mm 126 Grams | eBay
    I got it on eBay , seller is in NY USA . Has 200,000 feedbacks .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are the eBay Ritchey WCS Carbon Handlebars authentic?-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by g5magic View Post
    This eBay seller has about 200 000 feedbacks. Hard to believe that he's selling fake stuffs.
    Believe it!! I bought fake Airotors from this clown. They arrived the same day as ones that came from an actual store. The difference was clear. No original packaging was just the beginning. This guy has all those feedbacks because 99.9% of people can't tell and by the time they do, they have already left their feedback.

Also, he is NOT located in New York. Check the interwebs for remarks on his fake products and poor service.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I bought some of these fake bars on ebay, but not too concerned as mines were clearly labeled not full carbon. So probably carbon over alum. Then I bought some real full carbon Eastons and the difference was plain as day. So was the weight !!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4