Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    May 2010
    ...anndddd it's currently out of stock. ;[

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    That fork would be a good fit, although somewhere along the line, your bike was converted from a threaded setup to a threadless setup. It's easy to reverse, but you'll need a new headset (or at least upper cup and race) and quill stem to go back.

Also, when buying a threaded fork, attention must be paid to the length of the steerer so that it is long enough, with enough threads to engage the headset nut, but not be too long. Too long would be preferrable, but then you'd have to track down someone to cut to the right length and rethread if necessary..

Where are you located, sounds like a little in person guidance to get this MB-1 up and running would be helpful. The local LBS is not terribly likely to be well versed in this tech anymore, but if you post up where you're at, somebody might be able to recommend a decent shop to help you out..

Plum
    I'm in Sunny SoCal. Diamond Bar, but I can drive out anywhere to the LA/OC/San Bernardino counties.

Down South Yooper
    Quote Originally Posted by yo-Nate-y
    You other guys are helpful, but apparently can't read
    (that is, unless I am wrong in assuming that "thrdls" means "threadless" and not "the riddles" or something)
    Oops, you're right, that is a threadless fork. Should be good, if you can find one in stock somewhere.

Plum
    This post is in 3B, three beers and it looks good eh!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    How's this one? It's the only rigid fork in stock that looks like it'll fit, but i'm not sure how good this company is. Thanks!

http://www.ebikestop.com/dimension_2...ack-FK0073.php

Down South Yooper
    Quote Originally Posted by philahn
    How's this one? It's the only rigid fork in stock that looks like it'll fit, but i'm not sure how good this company is. Thanks!

http://www.ebikestop.com/dimension_2...ack-FK0073.php
    That looks like the same fork, and may well be, just with another manufacturer putting their name on it. For $35, I'd buy it to get the bike up and running. If you're ultimately unhappy with the ride, quality or brand name, you can keep looking for something else, but your bike will be functional in the meantime.

Plum
    This post is in 3B, three beers and it looks good eh!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2