mtbr member
    Aug 2009

98' ritchey cleats for sale?

Hey there, I just bought a 98 specialized M2 from a painter for 4 bills, he didn't even break it in. He didn't have cleats for the pedals. Does anyone know where I could get some cleats/shoes setup for these pedals? Also does anyone know what I should do to a bike that has been sitting for about 10 years?

defender of bad taste
    Nov 2007
    ride it

It's about showing up.

Depends upon your skill level.

Check all the cables and housings to make sure things are not all jammed up or rusted internally. Check to make sure the brake shoes are soft. Check to make sure the tubes are good and the tires not cracked. Lube all the pivots and the chain and run it through the gears. Pull the crank sideways and look for obvious rattling or looseness. Give the brakes a good hard squeeze and if they hold throw a leg over that baby and ride. Easy at first until you have convinced yourself that it will hold up to real use.

If it were my bike I would replace all the soft parts, cables and housings, and repack all the bearings, but that's me.

human dehumidifier
    98 Ritchey pedals are SPD compatible, shoes and cleats available pretty much everywhere
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    98 Ritchey pedals are SPD compatible
    What he said.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com