mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Grateful dead bike decals on ebay..very interesting

Some of you passionites might be interested:

On ebay in the cycling section there are some grateful dead stickers for a special edition from Gary Fisher. Mid-90s vintage.

Ebay item 3670916821

These seem to be for real but are they complete? What bike did they go on? What color was the bike that they go on? How many stickers or how many bikes like this were made?

I have no affiliation with the seller. Just an interested fan. I have a mid90s vintage Gary Fisher and was unaware of this bike availability...

Thanks,
    LocoMotoMan
    Old GF Cronus converted to a city bike

Pull my finger
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoMotoMan

On ebay in the cycling section there are some grateful dead stickers for a special edition from Gary Fisher. Mid-90s vintage.

Ebay item 3670916821

These seem to be for real but are they complete? What bike did they go on? What color was the bike that they go on? How many stickers or how many bikes like this were made?

I have no affiliation with the seller. Just an interested fan. I have a mid90s vintage Gary Fisher and was unaware of this bike availability...

Thanks,
    LocoMotoMan
    The Grateful Dead Edition was based on the Hoo Koo E Koo, not sure of the colour of the actual frame though.

Inbred Homebrewer

Maybe you should tell this guy...

in search of fisher grateful dead decals

The bike was made in '95. Only color I've ever seen was a dark green metalic. Gary used to do lighting for Dead shows. I might be mistaken, but I think the Fisher 'Dead bike was produced as a tribute to Jerry Garcia, who died that same year. [EDIT: might be wrong, since the seller is claiming the decals were for a '94 model]

As for the bike itself, I don't remember that there was anything remarkable about it aside from the decals. Might have been a stock Hoo koo e koo, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoMotoMan

Ebay item 3670916821

Thanks,
    LocoMotoMan
    Last edited by Stick; 04-12-2004 at 11:03 AM.
    "mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

Orb
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    The bike was made in '95. Only color I've ever seen was a dark green metalic. Gary used to do lighting for Dead shows. I might be mistaken, but I think the Fisher 'Dead bike was produced as a tribute to Jerry Garcia, who died that same year. [EDIT: might be wrong, since the seller is claiming the decals were for a '94 model]

As for the bike itself, I don't remember that there was anything remarkable about it aside from the decals. Might have been a stock Hoo koo e koo, I think.
    The Grateful Dead bike was made in '94 and had pretty low sales initially...then Garcia died, and they quickly sold out of them. At the time, people were getting some pretty outrageous prices for them as "collectibles".

They were basic steel mid-range Fishers Hoo Koo E Koos, nothing special about them aside from the unique color and decal package. STX/Alivio parts and a Mag 21 fork, as I recall.

Are you talking to me?

Right you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Roß
    The Grateful Dead bike was made in '94 and had pretty low sales initially...then Garcia died, and they quickly sold out of them. At the time, people were getting some pretty outrageous prices for them as "collectibles".

They were basic steel mid-range Fishers Hoo Koo E Koos, nothing special about them aside from the unique color and decal package. STX/Alivio parts and a Mag 21 fork, as I recall.
    The parts package was nothing special. I remember that bike.
    gfy