mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Wrist Almost Healed?

[SIZE="2"]A few weeks ago, I hurt my wrist when I grabbed a tree to avoid a fall. I was moving pretty quick, so the sudden stop hyperextended my wrist. I feel like my strength in my wrist is now at about 90%. I have no problems lifting anything. I still feel a little pain when I press directly on one particular point on the outside of my right wrist on my arm about two inches from the wrist bone. I did some heavy lifting today and I had no trouble. I think I'm OK to bike again in about one week.

I'll tell you all one thing I've learned about this sport: It's dangerous and takes guts. I have never seen a sport with so many various types of possible injuries. But I love it and will continue despite the risk. There is nothing more thrilling than knowing there is an element of danger. I'll definitely be wearing something on my wrist though on my next ride.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I think you oughta wait til 100%.. I thought my wrist was "slightly better" when I fractured the top of the ulna 5 weeks ago... Now it turns out that my TFC cartilage is disconnected so I need to get surgery to stitch it back.

What went from a few weeks, goes to a month, and now half my summer.

If you don't have any visible abnormalities then it should be fine.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    wow.dbpostglitch.